20hp kawasaki won't idle

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 20hp kawasaki won't idle

20hp kawasaki won't idle

I need some help, I got a 1996 conquest with the 20hp kawasaki motor. I can't get the machine to keep idling. I've had the carb apart 3 times, cleaned it and checked it over everything looks good, tried adjusting it but it still won't idle. It runs good when your on the throttle but as soon as you let off it stalls, and if I want to just creep along real slow it will rev up and down. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

It sounds like you are missing the brass washer/spacer for your shut off solenoid, If the solenoid sits too deep (without the washer) - it will effect the flow of gas to your carb!

I checked to see if that brass washer was there, and it is. That fuel shut off has been disconnedcted by the previous owner he snipped the wires off to it it also looks like he cut the tip off of that fuel shut off stem. So I'm back to the drawing board. Thanks for the reply, anyone else got some ideas.

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia
    On the top of the carb there are 2 brass screws that screw in at an angle. If you remove them, they look a bit like a jet. There is a small hole in the underside of them that blocks easily. Clean both of them and it will idle. You may need something like a strand of wire from a wire brush or a really small oxy tip cleaner.

Thanks for the info AussieMax I will give that a try in a few days when I get a chance. I will let you know if it worked or not.

I finally got a chance today to have a look at my carb. I found those 2 brass screws that you were referring too, I cleaned them up and my argo now idles perfect. I can't beleive I've been struggling with this for so long. Thanks so much for the tip AussieMax.

+ Reply to Thread