Converting my chief to a modern Machine...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Converting my chief to a modern Machine...

Converting my chief to a modern Machine...

Well, started the major conversions. Starting out easy. lol got my adapters today, replaceing the studs N stuff as soon as they arrive. Lug nuts, and wheel studs are officially, to expensive. lol anyhow, built my wrap around band, and winch mount, got pictures, but everyone will have to wait for them. need to upload them first. lol anyways, off to advanced auto to check out studs, the ones in adapters we're shot! lol, oh well, minor setback!

Pictures later, maybe. lol

-WagZ-
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

good luck with the project. i hope everything works out for ya. can't wait to see the pics.

Sounds good so far! Try ebay for the studs, they might be cheap on there, except a lot of sellers will get you on the shipping.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Ebay aint any cheaper...and actually harder to find! lol i need a 7/16-20 stud, 1" or better of threads, with a .540 -.560 knurl thats like. .250-.300 long..Advanced has some, but i didnt make it up there in time..pisss!! tomorrow ill head up. Found nuts, ordered 30 of em for like 20 bucks. still gotta order wheels yet, but wanna check with a local-yocal to find out if he can slick me up for cheaper. prolly can, but ya never know! Keep yinz upto speed.

-WagZ-

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

uugghhhh...i hate my computer, and picasa....gimme a few days here boys/girls..i dunno WTF is up with my junk im trying to work with..lol its prolly picasa, but it wont let me put picturs on here the way i want to, and or like anyone else has..Piss on this stupid technology!!...gimma carb and a vacuum fuel pump! lol

First off, my boy decided that the rubber grommit on the ignition switch had to go, so he pulled it off N destroyed it..light weight, goes faster now..lol
    20110807204645.jpg
    This was winch mount before i gave it finishing touches..
    20110803095121.jpg
    This is rear wrap around section, note sides aint attatched yet..lol
    Attachment 7256
    This is winch mount, after finishing touches (minus paint..) notice the "Tabs" below the angle plate...thus allowing winch mount removal if need-be.
    20110805100557.jpg
    here's my boy and the 2 neighbor kids playing in the attex..no band yet tho, this is like, first day i bought it i think?..lol
    attexkids.jpg

This is wrap around on the "horses" after i finished welding it together. I then mounted it ot the body using 1/4-20 bolts with nylon lock nuts and washa's!
    20110807204439.jpg

more pictures to come tomorrow maybe, or like sometime this weekend?!..lol i had it out this evening after i installed my new drive belt, wow...totally different machine..WAY faster top speed, better bottom end power, and still loud N Rowdy!! I was throwing mud alllllll over the place, it was awesome. its currently brown and yellow. i was brown and caucasion till i showered..now im just normal again (normal colored...lol...not normal minded! lol )

however..i do keep encountering a problem i cannot figure out...check this out..ive got 2 fuel filters on it, (Yes...i cleaned ENTIRE fuel system, ENTIRE THING!!!) I have a fitler after the shut off on the dash, and one before the carb back at the motor, after the pump.. the one at the carb keeps getting plugged..with...im not sure what.. LOL its perfectly clear, and clean, BUT...if you try to blow through it, your face turns red from trying so hard! lol so wtf..the bronze elements gettin plugged with soemthing, but its the one at the carb, and not the other one..lol...the one up at the tank is spotless and flows just fine, but after about a week or 2 of use, the one after the pump, before the carb mysteriously plugs up with invisible stuff...something doesnt make sense to me..lol ive had pump apart and its clean and clear. Im tellin ya guys, this fuel system is clean, and currently has me baffled! lol..thus, why i carry spare filters with me now, and zippy ties! lol uugghh....somethings just aint meant to be figured out! lol

anyhow, enjoy pictures..ill post more sometime!

-WagZ-
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike; 08-19-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: merged three consecutive posts

Nine "lol"s. That's gotta be a record somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Nine "lol"s. That's gotta be a record somewhere...
    ya aint seen nuttin yet buddy! LOL i use "lol" quite a bit..its a bad habbit!

Good-lookin' Attex! ...and laughin' out loud is never a bad habbit! (lol)
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I agree with Don, it never hurts to laugh. Good luck on the project and look forward to seeing the finished product. I know the kids will enjoy it! ALL of them.

Tires Came today..

Got Me rubbers 2day from the big brown truck! Lemme ask ya...what can brown do for you today!?...lol

Had to get it out and stomp around in the mud today, just had to...i mean cmon...its super sloppy out and w/e am i supposed to do...just look at it?..yah ok grandma! lol..GET UR SHOES ON N GO GET SOMMMEEEE!!!!!
    100_0919.jpg
    SO, then when i got home, i put new studs in a couple of the adapters that i got and sat them on the bench N drooled about them...lol
    100_0914.jpg
    Here's my new rubbers... "Carlisle Badlands" Should Deff go alot better than the balloons as for digging wise, but i kno i kno, wont be good in water..oh well, most watering holes i venture into aint deep enough to fully float anyways so i figure ill survive just fine. lol but..sadly..still waitin on my wheels to show up.
    100_0918.jpg

100_0917.jpg

+ Reply to Thread