Converting my chief to a modern Machine...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Converting my chief to a modern Machine...

well..drive belt is installed, and installed correctly too for that matter. lol My attex build takes the exact same drive belt as an HPX Gator, 4x4 Gas engine model. haha. Ssswwweeeetttt! Now i need exhaust! lol Belt was like 50 bucks, but oh well, atleast its gotta little deere in it! hahahaha. Woot! im just glad to see i did the math properly! On another note..my phone pooped the bed..so...im currently PHONE-less, but not for long..i GOTTA have one, otherwise all the other CAT mechanics cannot get ahold of me..which isnt cool! haha. Anyhow, thats my progress!

On another note, my go-kart is up n running too...its insane fast for only having a 5hp tecumseh engine! i think the "Torq-a-verter" setup has somethin to do with that though! lol

-WagZ-
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

so a my most recent mod was the top of the engine cover. as you all know, the briggs has to stick out of the cover just a little bit. Not much, infact, chances are it would have been fine the way it was. However, i was not big on the idea of stuff being able to get in any easier than it normally does. lol so..i bought this little cover! Twas cheap, and easily made to fit! (some of you "roofers/Carpenters" may recognize it..) It was a simple process. i put some foam tape on the bottom of it, and used the pre-existing rivit holes and ran some screws into it. Making sure i didnt screw it down to anything that was vital or important!

As for my project, im still waiting on my exhaust manifold..i shoulda went with egay, it would have been faster! lol however, i did pay about 20 bucks less for it than ebay wanted.

Anyhow, sorry for the low quality picture, the phone i currently am using doesnt take good pictures. My droid took a dump, and im not spending the cash to buy a fancy phone when my LG vx8300 works just like new. lol

Ill keep everyone upto speed on the project as i make more progress.

scoop.jpg

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

Looks like you made some good progress.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Looks like you made some good progress.
    Indeed my fellow PA attex owner! lol Waiting on my dam manifold.. USPS tracking says TOMORROW i should get it.. (WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!) bout time eh? lol then a few other odds and ends i wanna tie up then ill be in business. Something ive been tossing around is the idea of "Offsetting" my latterals..as in, making the passenger area a little more roomy for 2 ppl. by this i was thinking about either getting some tube and angling them up and over at the same time, or make some that make dirrect, 90 degree turns, and moving controls more towards one side of machine. However, this is just a thought.

so where you at in the video's drew?

-WagZ-

I sat out the afternoon rides when most ofthe videos were taken. Saturday morning i was in. Group with admin mike nd should have been caught on his feed cam a few times. I have my red round cage on the attex.

Red round cage? u buy it from JP? i still want a cage! lol or atleast some brush busting bars N such! thats on list of stuff to do too..but not right now!

exhaust came today, however, i didnt get to work on it alot..got manifold bolted onto motor, but did not get anything else done...i ran into some wiring issues..Not only in the wiring i did from teh factory harness, but in my motor as well. lol..turns out the wiring harness that connects the 2 coils was bad. I think the little diodes in the harness went bad, it kept grounding itself out n stuff..didnt make a lot of sense to me till i tore the cover off the motor and just got frustrated, and un plugged the "grounding" wire while it was putting/chugging along. once i ripped the wire off, it ran like new..lol..figure that one out!! hahaha. WTF!! ANYHOW..back to wiring in the attex now since i got motor figured out..i guess i must have mis-read the wiring diagrams i seen. sometimes we all get in a hurry and it bites us in the butt..so..tomorrow, i must trace down why my lights dont work, and why it wont CRANK when i put it to the CRANK position. lol

ANd to think, i thought i had it beat..lol..shoulda known better! haha. anyhow, im turning in for the night! Im beat..if any of yinz know or have the wiring already figured out, let me know..if not, no big deal really, i like a good challenge! lol

Nite yall!

-WagZ-

Quote Originally Posted by mustangwagz View Post
    Red round cage? u buy it from JP? i still want a cage! lol or atleast some brush busting bars N such! thats on list of stuff to do too..but not right now!
    Drew actually got that cage from Brian, racerone3.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Drew actually got that cage from Brian, racerone3.
    ahh, 10~4 on that jp. my bad..

On another note, got my wiring all figured out, installed my cover back on the pull start side, and things are wrapped up. Now i can soely concentrate on gettin exhuast wrapped up. The pic in this post shows the xhuast pointing upwards..dont mind that..it will be turned, and connected to the factory muffler once done. i just simply had to pretend i had a mini stack on it..lol

As for plans with exhaust, i intend on putting an adapter on the muffler thats in the picture, that will adapt it down to a size that i can incorporate a piece of flex pipe over to the factory muffler. The way it sits now its nice n quiete, way quiter than the jlo..(imagine that..hmm...strange??...LOL..SCORE!!!!!!! ) anyhow, im sure ill end up makin a trip to the neighbors to use his Exhaust Bender/Fitter. However, i did notice that the A&G autoparts by my work has a very nice selection of exhaust fittings N such..even some small tractor exhaust...so hopes are up for that matter. O.D. of the muffler is like 2.250, O.D. of the factory attex mufler is like 1-5/8's..so...ill be going with the inside side of it which is 1.5" It'd be nice if i could find an adapter that goes from 1.5 OD on the small side, to 2.250 on the big side..lol..then i can plumb it up right quick! Lickity split! BUT...i doubt ill buy anthing like that..prolly more along the range of purchasing something of that nature. lol

temp exhaust.jpg

Looking pretty good in there. Hurry up, i know your itching to drive it.

+ Reply to Thread