1985 Argo 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1985 Argo 8x8

1985 Argo 8x8

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting. I'm looking at a 85 8x8 that appears to be in good shape, the VIN is V891-23. Need something to take the grandchildren out on but I'm worried about the age, are parts and or upgrades still available? It has a Kohler Magnum 18 in it. I suspect it's going to sell for around just under $3000.00 Any thoughts/advice from anyone?

Thanks,
    Dennis

Most parts needed for AATV maintenance are available through industrial suppliers. Chains,bearings sprockets etc. Engine parts for the Kohler are still available through the Kohler dealers and I believe Argo will still support their older models.

Welcome to the group.

There are a few posts about checking over a used machine before you buy it.

Dennis, I have a 1985 Argo 8x8 with an 18hp Kohler Magnum. I love it. I have been able to get every part I needed. The 18hp kohler Magnum is a great engine. Napa has every part for the older Kohlers. I believe and have heard from several other people that the Kohler Magnum is practiclly bullet proof.

Thanks for the info. I'm located in Maryland but originally from Westmoreland City PA which is in North Huntington Township, 2 miles from Irwin. I'll place a bid on the Argo this evening.

Well, I'll be picking up my Argo 8x8 this afternoon, I hope I didn't get screwed!
    I did find out that it is a Model V891-23 with a S/N of NKB 10206 anyone know how to track down any info? Is there a web site somewhere?

What did I buy?

Well, I won the auction and will be picking up the Argo this evening. It is a model V891-23 and the S/N is NKB 10206 can anyone tell me what it is? Is there a web site I can gain access to that will tell me what I have? I'm really excited, feel like a kid at Christmas.

Thanks,
    Dennis

Post some pictures when you get it.

This is THE website for information.
    You can also check out Route 6x6
    Last edited by Mike; 01-25-2008 at 02:32 PM.

Post a link to the auction.

I heard good things about 1985 and up Argos

Two Argo dealers have told me to stay away from used ones older then 1985 .
    I am not totally sure why and they did not benefit in any way by telling me this information .
    When I asked for detail why they said something about the hubs and axels. Maybe because they knew I was putting on tracks there was a problem with 84’s and older. Does any one else know why two different dealers would say not to buy older then 85? Keep in mind they were just selling new Argos .
    Possible no part support before 85 by Argo ?
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

Here is the item number. 160199158932

+ Reply to Thread