Your Career or what you do day to day?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Career or what you do day to day?

Your Career or what you do day to day?

I did a little bit of a search on here but didn't really come up with much. I guess the introduce yourself topic touches a little bit on this, but outside of AATV's in that description it would come down to making an effort there to go forward and say what you do for a living or other.

Basically, I think it'd be great to know where everyone is coming from outside of the common grouping of this forum. So.. chime in, lets see what everyone does!!

Mechanic, since i was ole enough to even know what a screw driver was. Went to school for automotive technician, and ended up being an ASE certified GM mechanic for 3 years, left that field, went to Steel Mill based machinery Mechanic, for a couple, and then quickly left that field, (economy based reasons..think we all know why..) and went to Heavy Machinery Mechanic and Coal mining equipment Mechanic. Basically, if its got a motor of some type, wether its electric, or fuel powered, ive worked on it. lol EVerything from Nitro RC cars (fun...i own a couple!!) to Caterpillar D11 Dozers..

Turning wrenches....Its what i do best....

-WagZ-
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

Machine repairman, fabricator/ welder, and run a factory based machine shop..I've been heavily into motorsports all of my life...if it aint got a motor, it aint a real sport..

I drive a semi for local feed mill. I also am the backup feed maker when he is gone.
    Attached Images

I am a facilities manager for a plastics injection molding co. I am in charge of 700 molds, 40 molding machines,300 support equipment, 3 buildings
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

All I have done in life is race. started in Karts at age 8, was racing for a living by 14 SCCA, Karts and DIRT Modifieds. (luckily) I figured out early that making it as a driver was going to involve securing a lot of someone else's money. Moved to NC when I was 20 to find a Job in NASCAR. In 12 years with 3 teams, I did a bit of everything, Body shop manager, Fabricator, Tire Carrier on pit stops, Shop foreman, Car chief, Crew Chief....... 2 years ago I was working for the remaining shell of what had once been Evernham Motorsports when the economy tanked. Race teams rely on sponsors and when that dried up A LOT of us lost jobs.

Luckily due to the Karting background, I'm pretty good with small engines. Opened a lawn equipment business and it is finally starting to help pay the bills. I also do some restoration work for people.

short reply.... Mechanic... anything and everything.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I work for a plastic blow molding company and we make plastic fuel systems for the automotive industry. I have done just about every job on the production floor in the last 14 years. From operator to apprentice process technician to line supervisor, and for the last 2 years, forklift driver. The economic down turn hit at a bad time, contracts expiring and new contracts delayed or cancelled. In all, about 75% of the employees where laid off. I feel fortunate to still have a job, even though I took a huge paycut.

I work in the Natural Gas ind. Go out into the bush for 8 days, then I get 6 days off. By trade, I'm a Millwright/Welder/Steam Engineer/Jack of everything,lol. Work on everything: Compressed Air/N2 systems, pumps/compressors, Internal combustion engines and Turbines (up to about 20,000hp), ext. I push about 335,000,000 cubic feet of gas per day down toward the US ( no need to thank me, but you can send me a tip if you want)
    All the places I work are remote, some can be driven to, some I have to run an AATV to, and others I have to take a Chopper to get there.
    I guess that's kinda the jist of it

RD

I worked for General Motor corporation for 33 and a half years and then retired in july 2009. I worked in the stamping divison for 4 years before I retired. In a stamping plant you take raw sheet metal blanks and form them into doors ,hoods , fenders, roof tops with heavy presses. In 2009 the plant manager layed off the whole second shift ,which amounted to over 1,200 people. The economy got bad and people stopped buying big ticket items. The plant that I worked at built the regular S-10, extended cab, and the small size Hummer. My plant is now scheduled to close in june or july of 2012.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 08-21-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Mechanic buy trade, electric motors, winding machines and general all over plant maintenance. For the last 8 years I have been filling the position of Maintenance Safety Coordinator. I do all the training for our maintenance personnel on subjects: Fall protection, Confined space,....etc. Also hazardous waste coordinator. Been very fortunate to have been at this plant for 37 years, started when i was 19 years old and still there except when i was in the service.

+ Reply to Thread