B&S Big Block in a Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: B&S Big Block in a Hustler

There are some great places to ride in Middle and E. Tn; Coal Creek OHV (Oliver Springs) is awsome. 165 miles of logging trails and single track...from easy to "what the heck did I get my self into" trails, with great maps for sale at the parking area. We should consider a ride out there?

I was thinking it might be a hub if people wanted to travel.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

The install is coming along nicely. Hopefully I can get the clutches lined up tonight, and the motor bolted in. Tomorrow with a little luck I can weld up the header and hook everything up. I still need to find a longer belt, so off to the gasket house Monday. I plan to break in the engine and then pull it and take it to the dyno shop to see what kind of power it makes., and I will post a build up if anyone is interested in building one of these beasts.
    I wonder how long it will take to melt the Duster Drive Clutch...
    Attached Images

Should be interesting

I was surprised you chose not to change the jetting. Is that carb user friendly, or like some of the Inteks that are hard to adjust or modify? We'll need a sound clip.

Yea, it is a really basic carb, but big! Each venturi is 22mm. The jetting looks fairly agressive, so I thought I might run the engine to see if it is getting enough fuel before I started switching out jets.
    Hopefully I can have this thing ready for the Marengo Ride!

Waiting patiently for video...

It certainly looks awsome to me. I didn't know hustlers would fly,but I'll bet this one will.
    Bruce

Meinfield ,

When you are finished with that Hustler you,ve been working on , it will probably be the badest one on the forum . Can,t wait to see some video of it in action .

All right, I see new pics in the gallery of the beast, did you push it outside for the photos or drive it out? just kidding. Can't wait to see and hear this creation running.

Who's dyno you plan to use.

I did get the beast out for a short ride yesterday, and it runs great! The v-twin is strong and responsive, and it pulls hard in the mud and accelerates quickly. The machine is really a pleasure to drive, smooth and nimble. Not what I expected from a relatively heavy 6 wheeler. I got it out in an open field and hit what I guessed to be about 40 mph before I backed off, and it still had a lot of throttle left. These rawhides really smooth out the ride, and they pulled better that expected in the mud.
    As soon as I can dig up the video camera out I will post video.
    One of the lock collars on the axel spun loose and the center axel slid partly out, so I did have to push it once!

+ Reply to Thread