B&S Big Block in a Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: B&S Big Block in a Hustler

More HP

Yes, as a friend mentioned the other day, I am addicted to hp. Can't seem to get enough. I am sure there are meetings for folks like me, some where I can get help!
    Anyway, I bought a pair of mikuni VM-30's on eBay, fabricated some aluminum manifolds and found a couple of K&N filters that fit, should be good for another 10 hp or so. I just need to find a low psi fuel regulator and throttle cable parts to make a two into one throttle cable; anyone know a source?
    Also, I fabricated a cold air intake for the Briggs. I hated to cut the body, but that big block just generates too much heat. I used HVAC parts from home depot, and an old bucket wrapped in gorilla tape, I just hope the heat does not melt it but I think it will be OK. I am not sure if I like the vent on the side, and might replace it if I can find something that looks a little better.
    I am replacing the axles when they break, so far I have installed two of whippers splined beauties and they work great!
    I should be ready for the ledges next year, hate I missed it. Looks like you guys had a blast!
    Attached Images

Awesome work as usual.....has the flux capacitor arrived in the mail yet???
    Hammers should have warning labels.

big block

It looks like you made a tunnel ram system be careful I made something like that on a briggs 18 hp I converted to a mikuni carb it ran super and power was great but sometimes it would freeze up even during the summer months.

Well now you just need meth and N2O........oh wait...Meth is for diesels...dunno if it works for gassers

Looks good like that vent and the cooler in the lid. Try finding a motorcycle with dual carbs or sled perhaps....then you can get yer throttle worked out...or 1 cable with a couple of bell cranks may do as well. Based on what I see...you'll thunk it through.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

throttle cables are available from
    Aaen Performance : Filters, Cables and Accessories
    you may need to make a splice to your existing cable as the snowmobile cables are short for 6x6's. I have the same setup in my 440 lc Scrambler.
    I can send you a photo of the splice if you need it

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    I'd like one of those pictures Jersey.

Spideytank@aol.com

Thanks,

George
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    throttle cables are available from
    Aaen Performance : Filters, Cables and Accessories
    you may need to make a splice to your existing cable as the snowmobile cables are short for 6x6's. I have the same setup in my 440 lc Scrambler.
    Thanks for the link, jersey. That's a great website, lot's of mikuni stuff. I ordered some throttle cable parts from these guys:
    Throttle Cables and Splitters for HKS and Rotax Ultralight Aircraft Engines

would love to hear a performance report.... low end power, top speed... what horse are ya now and what is the biggest motor you can put into a 980 bigfoot...
    Thanks
    Ty Turner

870-818-1315
    tyturnersoffroad@yahoo.com

JESUS ROCKS

Hey Turner,

Check out the video on page 1 of this thread. It is just awesome....although it did give me a serious inferiority complex. I thought I was cool with a 20HP Honda. Watch at your own risk!
    Hammers should have warning labels.

I guess I'm gonna ask..... Would two more horses make that much differnece or is there more to it than that.... I've been eye-balln all the go-fast lawnmower parts out there.... why couldn't ya get awsome power outta the ole 18 b/s opposed...just asking, I'll never learn if I don't ask....sorry if i'm thread jacking
    Thanks
    Ty Turner

870-818-1315
    tyturnersoffroad@yahoo.com

JESUS ROCKS

+ Reply to Thread