B&S Big Block in a Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: B&S Big Block in a Hustler

Some guys run the opposed twins.. they are best built for midrange torque, which is good for our stock clutches. No one makes a strong rod, and cam choices are few. They prefer to start with one that is pressure lubed rather than splash oiled. You'd have be careful not to put too much $ in it, when you could have an overhead valve twin with all kinds of parts available and being more bulletproof.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

great thanks, so what is the ultimate engine choice for a bigfoot Hustler, I mean you know what will fit and what they can stand, I wouldn't want to compromise the 4 seats and reliability of it. but more is always better to me....so what should I look for?
    Thanks
    Ty Turner

870-818-1315
    tyturnersoffroad@yahoo.com

JESUS ROCKS

Quote Originally Posted by TURNEROFFROAD View Post
    I guess I'm gonna ask..... Would two more horses make that much differnece or is there more to it than that.... I've been eye-balln all the go-fast lawnmower parts out there.... why couldn't ya get awsome power outta the ole 18 b/s opposed...just asking, I'll never learn if I don't ask....sorry if i'm thread jacking
    Ty,
    I am a fan of the flat twins, they are good solid engines that will last a long time. If it is running well, just drive it and enjoy it! If you want to install a different engine, go with one of the Briggs Vanguards. Any size will fit in the deep body hustler with the right mods, but I wouldn't go smaller than a 20hp, and there are lots of aftermarket parts available.
    Chris

Hustler 980

Hey Guys,

I fabricated a new "trail" exhaust for the 980, here are a couple of videos. It is really hard to get it stuck!

Bad to the bone!
    That thing sounds awesome.

Whipper

Been wondering where ya been Chris. You and the machine are quite entertaining. If you run out of mods to try, install the carb spacer that isolates each barrel. Mine has always had the stock spacer on the 2 bbl. I tried a spacer open in the middle, and it ran lousy. Idled like it had a radical cam, and killed it's low and mid range. From about 4000 up it ran similar. Aparently it likes the tuning of seperate runners than the reversion, etc of joining them.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Great videos. That's my kind of riding.

Wow! I really dig the way that exhaust sounds!

Meinfield. Do you have a picture of your exhaust setup. I am in the midst of getting parts together for mine. It's always nice to see other systems and how they fit in with there particular machine.

Thats awesome!!!

+ Reply to Thread