B&S Big Block in a Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: B&S Big Block in a Hustler

B&S Big Block in a Hustler

I'ts a really tight fit!! Makes the t-20 look kinda small...
    Attached Images

What's the deal with the hose running into the T-20?
    Last edited by George; 01-25-2008 at 12:42 AM.
    Banned

Awesome! Now you have me thinking about a 23HP Vanguard in my Hustler! I know that Broncrshr fit a 20HP Honda in his. Maybe this will be my next project.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Man......that thing is sweet. You had me thinking today about how much HP I would gain by making headers and putting a K&N on my Honda.......

That thing is going to be a beast........

Are you going to leave the gear ratios alone or maybe put a higher ration in for more speed?

Looks sweet! It does look like a snug fit. Do you have an air cleaner figured out. Guess it has plenty of charging system too. Oh besides a ton of stump pulling torque..
    Enough power to self clean those mud tires.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Awsome! I wanted to put a Big block in my Spider but It was to big. Take your time and build a nice set of headers. You probably won't be able to drive it as fast as I'ts capable of going. Should I get started on your Springer Kit? Is it stock?

Whipper

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. The hose from the t-20 is just a breather hose attached to a barb fitting tapped into the drain plug with a filter on the other end. After I rebuilt the trans, I noticed that when it got hot the fluid would expand and leak out of the plunger seals and the main seals. I do not know if the factory put breather plugs in these things or not, but I have not had a single leak after installing the hose.
    Hey Bon, that Honda would run great with a twin pipe into one exhaust like whipper has on the springer, and a better flowing air filter. I bet it would be good for a couple of ponies. How many teeth are on your main drive sprockets? I am planning to try 28-teeth on the main drive sprockets; I would like to keep the rpm's to 5K max, and the engine build (it is currently stock) will not be too radical. It's already a 54ci engine, so I am just adding stronger rods and slightly higher comp pistons, mild torque cam. I will clean the heads up a bit (although I am told these heads flow well right out of the box), bump up the timing slightly and toss the governor. I am shooting for 45-50 hp and around 60ft-lbs torque. I think it will be scary fast, too fast for a non-suspension machine even with the softer rawhide III 's I plan to use. Whipper, I might need that springer kit after all!

Hey Roger, don't you know the Briggs guys over at Ec Distributing in Dickson, Tn? They sell a bolt on adapter and Air Filter Kit to fit this engine, just wondering if you had used one?
    Hey jp, I've got a couple of Kohler Command 44ci blocks that need to be built. Might be a good fit for the 980!

Sounds like you're way ahead of me.. I was going to suggest E.C. or Al Hodge. Didn't know how much stuff E.C. had for the big blocks since the mower guys used to be limited to 20 hp blocks. I've seen the K&N type filter.. figured it wouldn't work on the big block.. Who did you get all your parts from?

I am still shopping all the parts, but Ec is only 30 minutes away! They sell an adapter kit to fit the K&N on the 2bbl carb.

30 minutes, hehe. You shouldn't have to go farther than a state or two for everything. Next time you're there see if George's dyno can accomodate horizontal shaft engines.

Have been reading about off road areas in N.E. TN, looks like a place to have a ride. Some small private parks, the Cumberland something area, 49,000 acres open to vehicles.

+ Reply to Thread