Exhaust mod to the mudd ox.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exhaust mod to the mudd ox.

Exhaust mod to the mudd ox.

I was having a problem with excessive heat building up in the engine compartment, to the extent that the coupling between the hydraulics and gas engine had melted and stripped.
    I had a stainless steel manifold made that went straight out to the side of the engine compartment and mounted a stainless flow thru magnaflow muffler outboard. I wrapped some exhaust insulation on the pipe to help keep the heat down. We ended up putting a heat guard around the muffler to keep the burns to a minimum.
    Oh ya also put a ramsey winch on the beast , this one is removable and will fit in the rear receiver if needed.
    Here are a few pics of the new set up.

Great idea! So many of these Mudd Ox owners have overheating problems, and it seems the problem was never really corrected. The way you did it is the way that it SHOULD have came from the factory. Nice work, and it looks great!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I don't have a overheating problem. I was running mine last month when it was 98 out. Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

My Mudd-Ox ran really hot in the east Texas heat when the temps were in the high 90's before I sold it . I would often have to take the engine cover off to allow the heat to escape faster if I'd been running through very thick mud for an extented period of time. I know that problem would be even worse now with the temps of 115-118 with the heat index.

But, with this being said, I've also had the exact same problems with my new 2011,Argo Frontier. It would spit and sputter when ever the engine compartment got really hot. One time the engine temps became so hot with the hood on, that even after having the engine cut off for 20 minutes time, the engine sputtered and poped and then died when trying to climb a steep hill. I then took the hood off and waited another 20 minutes until I could drive again.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 08-26-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Did this new pipe solve the heat problems? Thats a great looking weld and fab job. I have to do some sanitary s/s tube welding almost every week as I work in a food processing plant. These over heating problems should have been solved at the factory especially when you consider the price of a new Mudox. Do they have the ability to install an oil cooler or extra cores to the radiator? Does your hyd oil over heat as well?

so far the heat issues have subsided, when you combine the heat from the exhaust and the heat from the hydraulics it seemed too much for the plasitic coupler to bare (it sits right in between the previous muffler and the hydraulic pump). I don't feel I need to beef up the hydraulic cooling system, the rad and fan seem to be doing their job adequately.
    I may have to change the magna flow muffler I currently have since it's a flow thru and the machine is quite loud at the moment. If I get a bigger diameter muffler with an offset design I think all of the heat issues will be a thing of the past.

+ Reply to Thread