1970's 6 wheel argo with a k440 want to put a 27hp briggs in it

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1970's 6 wheel argo with a k440 want to put a 27hp briggs in it

1970's 6 wheel argo with a k440 want to put a 27hp briggs in it

couple of questions

: what size is the clutch shaft on a k440
    : can I used the same clutch

You will need a different, four stroke clutch for the briggs.

The Kohler 440 uses a tapered shaft clutch and the Briggs will use a 1 1/4" keyed straight shaft clutch.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

thanks guys for your help what a four stroke clutch worth

there ie normally a 1 1/4 clutch on ebay at a buy it now for 225.00

is there anything else I need to consirder in the conversion I'm going to buy the motor from briggs direct

Getting one with a 1" keyed shaft will save you money because the 1" clutches are MUCH cheaper than the 1 1/4" clutches.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

so i finally drove it today with the kolher in it it goes pretty good seems to be flooding out at full throttle and the vibrations will shake your fingers off through the handle bars. what would cause the flooding i cleaned the crab, and the vibration. I might leave the 440 in if i can get it working right I love two strokes.

so i have left the 440 in it had it rebuilt, a new carb, and alternator, put a comet clutch on it and rebuilt the argo tranny with new bearings and seals just need to get the clutch set right.

+ Reply to Thread