battery for 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: battery for 6x6

battery for 6x6

just wondering what battery you guys have in you attexes. seem like there really isnt a whole lotta space to fit a full size car batterry so do you use the lawn and garden battery? they dont seem to stand up very well so looking for some other options.

Atv Battery

You might want to look at the smaller boat batteries, they hold up well & keep a charge when sitting for a while.

Odyessey Battery

My 2 cents. I have been running and racing Jet Skis since the early 80's. My normal life of a wet cell battery was about 2 years. Jet Skis bounce allot, like our AATVs. Bouncing causes the build up on the plates in a wet cell battery to drop to the bottom and eventually short out that cell. In 1997 I purchased a Odyessy PC625 for one of the Skis. I am still using it today. All of the Jet Skis (4) have them now. I even put one in my Toyota Supercharged MR2 to save weight. The gel cell battery also has the advantage of not spilling (no liquid inside) so if you roll your AATV battery acid can't hurt you or the machine. They cost a little more but have lasted me more than twice as long as a normal wet cell battery. They have many different sizes. I will put a link in to there sight. Odyssey Batteries | Battery Specifications
    Mike

dry cell is the way to go

dry cells rule,i just bought 2 680 ca,each one by itself is more powerfull than the dinosaur i took out.the 2 combined are about 2/3 size and weight of standard bat,they are vib and shock resistant,can be mounted in any posision exept completly upside down,can sit for 2 years and retain 70% of there charge and the efx models come with steel bat boxs.i'm using one up front for winch and forward rollbar lights and one in back for engine,salt spreader and rear rollbar lights
    Attached Images

thanks guys i have been considering mounting the battery in a different place so as to have more battery options . bouncing makes sense as to why they arent lasting. I think a gel cell or marine battery might be the way to go the tiny lawn and garden batterries i have had really dont seem to have much juice.

dry cell

not sure if your gettin it DRY CELL battery not gel cell or marine.mike said gel but was talking about drycell check the link to odyssey batterys he included.gel and marine batterys are big,heavy and weak compared to dry cell.the dry cell batterys mike and i have are the size of motercycle batterys, weigh only 15 lb and have more power and longer life than a full size standard car,gel or marine battery! the efx 680 in this link EFX EDC680 680-Amp Dry Cell Battery is same price as odyessy 680 here Hawker PC680T SL105 Sealed Lead Acid Batteries at Portable Power Systems but efx comes with 4 side steel battery box and odyessy boxs are sold seperatly for $30 they are also aluminum 3 sided box so must be bolted to flat surface and cant be welded in place,boxs are at bottom of osyessy link page the efx box you can see in my pic next to marine battery i removed from my ride
    Last edited by srg121; 01-29-2008 at 12:09 AM.

so they would be the same in design as an optima? (which i can get and I am sure i could mount somewhere) the problem is availability and choices in canada . we tend to pay alot more and have less selection.

yes optima makes exelent dry cell batterys

Optima battery

Dry cell is the word I meant to use. If the Odyessy or EFX batteries are available to you I would recommend them over the Optima batteries. I have used the Optimas in Jeeps and had to have 2 of them replaced. (they did replace them free under warranty) Not sure if I just got bad ones. Just have had better luck with my Odyessy batteries.
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread