OEM Seal Info - T20 transmission

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OEM Seal Info - T20 transmission

Exclamation OEM Seal Info - T20 transmission

Howdy all.

Recently ordered OEM seals from Recreatives Industries Inc. for my T20 transmission and what I received were parts of a much lesser quality. You might want to make some notes on your parts lists.

OEM Output shaft seals were YRM T20-110 - OEM now uses CR 17184 with a size listed
    on the box (metric mm) as 44x72x8.

OEM Input shaft seal was YRM T20-106 - OEM now uses CR 9878

and a note on the input shaft needle bearing: OEM parts listed as 4840Z is actually
    a KOYO Torrington BH1612;L125

and yet another note on the output shaft ball-bearings: This is NOT a standard sized or commonly available ball bearing (OEM B207HS) with metric dimensions as follows: Shaft 35mm - OD 72mm - width 15mm. The width is the issue and although it looks like a 6207J, that bearing is 17mm wide and won't allow assembly as-is. I've been researching the OEM size in many bearing supply catalogues but am not finding anything so far.

A call to Recreatives Industries in Buffalo revealed that they switched from the heavier
    seals "awhile back" and now use the CR (boxed SKF) parts. There's 2 issues I see with this......firstly the quality isn't even close to the original design which I'm sorry to see as it's not a 10 minute job to change 'em. The second issue is that the price from Recreative likely reflects the old seals and these can be had MUCH cheaper through your local bearing/seal supplier.......maybe you can cross to and buy better seals.

For what it's worth.
    Last edited by Gord-NB; 09-09-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Additional bearing info

Thank you for posting the part numbers. I'm sure this will help a lot of people out.

I was bummed to read about a downgrade in parts. I just ordered two seal kits from RI so I went and looked at them. These are in fact the same seals I've been receiving and using from RI for a long time. This isn't a recent change although I could not say for sure when it occurred. The seals do say "USA" on them which gives me some confidence. I think we'll be ok with these.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

+ Reply to Thread