6X6 Mudd-Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 6X6 Mudd-Ox

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger View Post
    Why was the Ox having such a hard time getting up that hill? That quad pretty much put it to shame. Embarrassing.
    The hill was a pea gravel and sand mix. The 4 wheeler tryed in 2 wheel and he didn't make it. He maked it in 4 wheel drive , but he said if he would have been going any slower he would have spun out at the top.
    I do have more movies of the 6x6 as soon as i get this cam figured out. I do have some pics. of it being loaded on my trailer that I will be posting later today. Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

That's too bad. We ride in pea gravel & sand just about everywhere we go with virtually no problem. If 4 wheel drive worked better than 2, than 8 wheel should be even better. It didn't make it on the side with the brush either. It's got the diesel HP & 8 wheel drive... so maybe weight was a factor? Did the 6 wheeler do any better?

Bridget

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    That's too bad. We ride in pea gravel & sand just about everywhere we go with virtually no problem. If 4 wheel drive worked better than 2, than 8 wheel should be even better. It didn't make it on the side with the brush either. It's got the diesel HP & 8 wheel drive... so maybe weight was a factor? Did the 6 wheeler do any better?

Bridget
    Driving on flat ground is not the same as going up a pea gravel hill. I have never see a pea gravel hills in AZ....

Oh I believe there is.....here's a really steep hill with gravel and sand. This was from the Baja 500 race, so yes, I'm sure those folks like Whipper and Bridget have seen their fair share of that type of terrain in the Southwest.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3230/dsc00290i.jpg
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Oh I believe there is.....here's a really steep hill with gravel and sand. This was from the Baja 500 race, so yes, I'm sure those folks like Whipper and Bridget have seen their fair share of that type of terrain in the Southwest.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3230/dsc00290i.jpg
    Funny looking 6x6 just saying...

[QUOTE=Cougar;98525]:

Driving on flat ground is not the same as going up a pea gravel hill. I have never see a pea gravel hills in AZ.... [/QU
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    :

Driving on flat ground is not the same as going up a pea gravel hill. I have never see a pea gravel hills in AZ....
    Of course it's not the same driving on flat ground. It's O.K. if you don't watch our AZ videos which are full of pea gravel sand hills just like the pic jpswift captured. The majority of the terrain we ride is either rocks or pea gravel sand. It's the nature of the state. The Sand Dunes are even more of a challenge to climb than pea gravel. That's why I was wondering if the 6 wheeler made it up that hill. It should have been able to.

Bridget
    Last edited by Model Citizen; 09-18-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    Funny looking 6x6 just saying...
    Hmmmm, maybe you should read what I wrote again because you totally missed the point. I thought my point was pretty easy to understand and straight forward, but I guess it wasn't for you so I'll explain it again. I was talking about the terrain in the Southeast, never once did I mention the dirtbike or anything else about it. Try to stay on topic with the thread and not take things so personally. Your Mudd-Ox won't climb that long steep kind of hill with the loose stuff on it because it doesn't have the ability to turn high RPMs and build the speed up to get to the top of this kind of hill. Now put Whipper and Bridget's springers on that hill, and I bet they'd go up it because they have high powered engines that can turn the wheels at a significantly higher RPM than a stock 4 stroke or diesel machine. Put an Attex Thunderchief or Superchief on that hill with some Rawhide tires and I bet they'd make it up too. Good tires, high RPMs, and a good amount of horsepower is what is needed to conquer this type of hill.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

That is so true Swift. That's why I was thinking that maybe the 6 wheeler might have made it. Hill climbing can be soooo much fun.

Bridget

The hill in the video where Whipper was going up was a monster, George and i were there! That was a steep hill and at the top you had to shift right to miss the nasty rock at the very top. I am not sure but without suspension i don't think a factory machine of any kind could have made the climb due to the beating and knocking that occurred for the speed to be achieved to make the pull. The video did not show that but you can see Whipper moving a bit to the right. George nearly slid down the hill taking pictures and he was just squatting in the gravel. Note: George and i made the climb also, and there was a pucker factor attached to that hill.

The Argo's have the same type problem due to the inability to get the speed up to help with take the hill.

I have went up some extremely steep hills with the Avenger but at the time i had tracks on it and was able to maintain traction.

Dunes: Well that is another thing all together. High RPM is required on any climb there, once the wheels dig in you are done. Never start off in a uphill position mistake i made a few times. The Dunes were a blast but require a completely different set of driving techniques. Whipper, Bridget and WFO were great guides.

I am thinking from the 2 trips i have made to Arizona to ride the desert they any type of terrain that you can mention......except Mud. That is a little hard to find out there.

+ Reply to Thread