6X6 Mudd-Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 6X6 Mudd-Ox

6X6 Mudd-Ox

Going to Bundy Hill on Sat. to test out my new 6X6 should be fun. Now I will have the best of both worlds a 8X8 and a 6X6. Pics.and videos to come . Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

Oh come on Cougar, you can't make a post like that without pictures and specs!
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Yeah, what a tease. You should have at least posted some pics of the machine on the trailer, while it was new and pretty.

Heres one I have more to come. I took this when I was in the 6x6. I will get sum up of me running the 6x6. Cougar

Wow, there was a Canagem in your video. I had one that needed restoration that I sold on ebay a while back. I had never seen one before and the one in your video looked nice.
    Was that at the Badlands? I really miss that place. It's been 10 years since we rode there, was there with Matt O. back in the good ol' days.
    Still didn't see a 6x6 Mudd-Ox in action.... but I did see a Rzr and if I see another it's going to cost me ten grand, cause I'm gonnna have to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRules View Post
    Wow, there was a Canagem in your video. I had one that needed restoration that I sold on ebay a while back. I had never seen one before and the one in your video looked nice.
    Was that at the Badlands? I really miss that place. It's been 10 years since we rode there, was there with Matt O. back in the good ol' days.
    Still didn't see a 6x6 Mudd-Ox in action.... but I did see a Rzr and if I see another it's going to cost me ten grand, cause I'm gonnna have to buy one.
    Thats was Matt driving that Canagem and the black Mudd- Ox. I will have some of the 6x6 Mudd-Ox up soon, Iam still learning how to put up movies with this new cam. Heres a link to Bundy Hill thats where we rode at. Michigan Off Roading at Bundy Hill Off Road Park - Jerome, MI (4x4, OHV, ORV, ATV, Quad, Motorcycle, Jeep) Cougar

Why was the Ox having such a hard time getting up that hill? That quad pretty much put it to shame. Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger View Post
    Why was the Ox having such a hard time getting up that hill? That quad pretty much put it to shame. Embarrassing.
    The Badlands off-road park has hills just like that. None of our amphibs would go up them, these vehicles are just too slow. Even a 2wd quad can go up easily because the accelleration and top speed is so much greater than an amphib. Long steep hills with loose traction is just a natural enemy to us, one of the few places a quad certainly does better.

Big hills with a loose and/or sandy soil base are very tough for those of us with slower amphibs. Older rigs with zippy 2-strokes might be OK. Such hills are one of the few places where the speed & momentum is an advantage over the traction of a AATV. At some point the tires will start to lose traction and then the rig will just start to dig in... and you're done. I had a friend who had that happen in MY then-new Max II. He fought it into reverse, not realizing the merits of slowly "walking" the machine around to point back down. Well, long story short, he came down VERY FAST backwards and slammed into a small tree, which stopped him instantly. Luckily for him he wasn't hurt, although my Max suffered T20 damage and had to be driven backwards out of the boonies to where my truck was parked. (THAT was an adventure; sitting on the front end, facing backwards, trying to steer. LOL)

If you look at my day at the Amphipharm video, you will see jpswift going up a crazy steep hill in his 980 and make it 80% up untill the loose topsoil he was driving on gave way. He didn't stall out or roll back, but rather he kept at it until he dug himself a nice wheel stop in the hillside. His machine is not slow, and he took the hill pretty quick, but sometimes there is not enough grab on the ground to make it up. Lets face it, as good as any machine is, nothing can drive up a hill that is made of ball bearings without enough speed to allow the momentum to overtake the forces of gravity and physics. Had the same hill been solid ground the entire way up, it would have been a cake walk for him. There is always going to be a give and take when choosing an atv, but I'll take the AATV over a quad any day.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread