Buried treasure- my father's old Attex (now in bad need of TLC!)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buried treasure- my father's old Attex (now in bad need of TLC!)

Glad to know that it's not going to be a major thing to deal with- wet it, wrap it & remove it.

I'd figured on wrapping it back up with some of the header wrap that's currently on the market once I got everything ready to go back together. Has anyone given that stuff a try (or is it really even necessary)?

I have used the header wrap on the Crush and it works pretty good. Advance, Jegs any auto store sells it. I use it to keep the heat away from the rollcage.

Quote Originally Posted by NN4S View Post
    Glad to know that it's not going to be a major thing to deal with- wet it, wrap it & remove it.

I'd figured on wrapping it back up with some of the header wrap that's currently on the market once I got everything ready to go back together. Has anyone given that stuff a try (or is it really even necessary)?
    You need to run some wrap there ar the back of your seat will get melting hot. just a heads up, you can get the same stuff from McMaster for about 1/3 the price. McMaster-Carr If you wet this stuff before wrapping, you will get it on much tighter and have a lot less fiberglass in your hands at the end of the job
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Still haven't gotten the machine out of the shed, but I did run across the service manual for the JLO engine while going through a bunch of his books the other day. It says that it covers a bunch of different engines (both singles and twins) has the Attex, Inc. label on the back of it. It's 64 pages cover-to-cover, and although not in the best of shape it could probably be scanned into a usable PDF file. Is there an archive on the site for this sort of stuff? I don't see much point in scanning it unless there's a place to upload it so that it can help others with their machines.

Well Guys, I hate to bring back this topic... NN4s (Don) passed away a few months back. He was like a cross between a best friend and a father to me, and I'm helping his wife with many of his projects. I found this site by simply googling his SN, it is sometimes like he was leaving me clues...

It would mean a lot if some of your guys could help give me some pointers on value of this thing. Its a little out of my realm, but I don't mind getting a little dirty... Thank you for any help.

Sorry for the loss of Don,was there any resto started where was he on this project pic,s would help or is it as it was,are you intending on selling this unit or continueing on with a resto,where abouts are you located,are there any extra spare parts with it all of these things affect the value.Cheers NCT

Allow me to move that little blue Honda out of the way or ya Had one just like it in Japan back in '69. Sure do miss it
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

He never had a chance to do anything with it. Its still sitting right where it was in those pictures. I think There might be an extra tire or two for it. However I have to move a lot of things to even get it out. It's is located in north Alabama... I can get try for some new pictures this weekend, but its pretty much the same, just more dust, and clutter...Thanks

I know the inside of the gas tanks on those bikes rusted quite readily. There just wasn't enough corrosion protection involved in anything built in Japan back in those days. Don't know if your old enough or not, but I remember back in the 60's/70's when if someone owned a Japanese manufactured car over say 5 years old it was a complete rust bucket. It took them many years to master and include quenching and other processes in their metals manufacturing. Their exports suffered badly for that. Check the inside of the tank and see if it was a victim.
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

+ Reply to Thread