It's video time

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 202 of 249 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2482

Thread: It's video time

I stood out behind that plant when I was nine or ten,my father was test riding a machine and placed his order that same day and we got to tour the plant and so started our long standing ownership of AATV,s,forty seven years later my father is gone and owned machines till the end and I will follow in those footsteps.NCT

Video of a wheelchair accessible Argo with modified controls.

Regarding the Jiger: I would tear up several thousand dollars worth of parts, and probably disfigure myself in the process if I drove one that hard. Great footage though, it demonstrates how tough these little machines were. What a dismount when the machine rolled!

Another home built amphibious 4x4

Very seldom do you see a Mudd-Ox video. Some honest person decided to upload this one. Of course all amphibs can get stuck. Been there ,done that before, just not this bad in a Mudd-Ox when I owned one.

Last edited by mudbug3; 05-15-2012 at 09:39 PM.

That is really cool. I think it would be fun just having that really good field of vision right in front of you.

Larry,

Just imagine the low psi on the ground that this amphibious 4x4 has! I was really impressed at how it could drive over those really large rocks. I could'nt imagine attempting to try this with any other amphib.

Thats a neat design, big low pressure tires that you can see flex and absorb the load. The chain drive system on the outside of the machine, looks to be a weak link though, it was pretty high up however, and I'm sure it would be easy to service so mounted. Maybe they have something there. Its a big machine, an advantage in Siberia but not maybe in East Texas or Louisiana. I really like the controls and the simplicity of the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Another home built amphibious 4x4

Very seldom do you see a Mudd-Ox video. Some honest person decided to upload this one. Of course all amphibs can get stuck. Been there ,done that before, just not this bad in a Mudd-Ox when I owned one.

loose
    No winch on the 4x4 amphib?? Those guys are nuts driving on soft ice with no plan B? Wouldnt want to loose a chain on an ice chunk and have no way back onto solid ice! Not very practical machine for most places but gotta say it can traverese some nasty stuff!

With the chain issue, they seem to stay on on dirtbikes,quad.... We have all seen them riding in deep mud,snow,sand.... I dont think having external chains would be an issue. Then there is the thought of them lasting longer being protected. Well most of the time there is dirt/grime and water down in the tub and they more or less soak in it. So I dont know. Maybe, maybe not?

They call it an OX, not a CAT. lol
    I never did get over the tree with my MaxII.
    Last edited by thebuggyman1; 05-20-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: video didnt work

+ Reply to Thread