Can anyone tell me what model hustler this is?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can anyone tell me what model hustler this is?

Can anyone tell me what model hustler this is?

hustler.jpghustler in clifford.jpg

I found this for sale in my local area, the ad says: It has a chapperel motor, mostly complete, comet clutch, needs work, I'd like to know what you think i should pay for this. Thanks
    Last edited by Mike; 09-29-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Moved thread to the correct forum

I believe that is a 900; hopefully Jpswift will chime in, he will know for sure. I got mine in about that condition for free... How much is the seller asking for it?
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

He wants $600 down from $700. It has a t20 trans too i forgot to ad that.

Does the engine run?
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

it is a 900 model if the motor runs, it would be worth the 600. if not I would press him for around 300. and play it from there...great find, and I love those seats

I don't think it runs. He says "mostly complete"? He's been advertising it for months. 3 months ago i was prepared finacialy to buy a couple of toys so i emailed him via. his ad on craigslist & he did not get back to me. 2 weeks went by, then he wrote me back. By that time i had already went to NJ. & bought a 70 argo & 3 snowmobiles,1 to ride 2 A-cats for the motors for the argo. I would've bought it if he didn't wait so long to respond. I'm still kinda interested in it but don't know anything about them of if i can even find parts. I wanted everyone opinion on it if it's worth the risk cause i don't want to get burried into it. I had to buy a complete parts argo for the argo i have + the snowmobiles + the nos walbro wda & misc. parts, but i love my argo. I work on it every chace i get. I think i found where the water is coming in from. The muffler area + 1 broken bolt ont the axle flange + 3 small cracks. Thanks everyone for all the help, this site is great!!! JasonK What year range do you think & is it 3,4, or 5 bolt pattern wheels & are these 900 worth anything?
    Last edited by jasonk; 09-29-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: forgot

That hustler is worth $300 tops. I talked to him when it was first played before the pic was in the add and when he sent the pic over I just shook my head.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

$300.00 would be a good buy on it...as far as parts, you would be looking at richards relics and members such as myself that hoard and hide every hustler and parts they can lay hands on....most folks, myself included would argue that the hustlers are tops, argo pulling a fast second...personal opinion only....not trying to start anything here guys! I believe that the year would be late 70's early 80's and it will have the 5x4.5 bolt pattern...

Ya, like i was saying i just don't need another major money pit. I've been spending every dollar & wakeing monent on my 70 argo. It's running & driving now & i just fabricated a metal plate under the muffler area & added a short piece to the tail pipe to stick through to try to stop the water + i now have 2 bilge pumps & a trolling motor to put on it once i make a wood mount for the back. I quess i'll just be happy to have 1 that works. If someone had a machine simular or the same it mite be worth spending something on it. Thanks for all the advice.. JasonK.

I'd say if you want a real good Hustler platform go with at least a 950. This machine would be a cool unit as a Labor of love but if you're looking for something that will be hardcore trail worthy I'd pass. The frame on these older Hustlers will most likely require significant repair and Modification. Even then it wouldn't be as beefy as a 950 or higher frame.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

+ Reply to Thread