attex 6x6 with rockwell jlo 400

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: attex 6x6 with rockwell jlo 400

attex 6x6 with rockwell jlo 400

are they good motors or should I yank it and try a newer sled motor, I currently have no spark at one coil(pto side) but 180 compression.. Is it worth saveing the machine is in very good shape and COMPLETE minus the recoil

I've always liked the JLOs....could need new points and condenser.
    Banned

I always like the JLO as well. They're a well-made engine. Your problem may be cured as easily as cleaning up and setting the points.

Good Luck!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Depends on what your looking to do with the machine. My JLO used to scream but wasn't very good for trails.

well I have good spark on the recoil side, the ptu side is dead. Swaped coils around and same thing. both coils have good spark from the wires comming frome the block but olny one works. Any ideas,need to geat a puller from the shop tomorow to get the flywheel off. I was told it was running good , started smokeing and lost power. So it sat outside for a year getting rained in so it was fiiled up to the exhaust mainfold with water for who realy knows how long, tranny was under too.Trying to focus on the motor now it has 180lns compression on both jugs. tank has been drained still have to clean the carb and spark is important... Any help would be great, can I get parts for this sweet ol wheeler.

Did you try switching the plugs/wires?

I had a wire break off the condenser once...that was an easy fix. Guess you'll have to pull the flywheel to get a good look at the points/gaps. Could be the points just need a good cleaning.
    Banned

I had a tohatsu motor doing that. It was the coil under the flywheel that feed power to the main coil. Im not for sure what the name of that coil is but I think its generator coil? Not even sure if it has the same set up but I believe so. Under the fly wheel there is probably 3 coils. The bigger one on one side is the lighting coil and then 2 stacked up that feed the main coils. Hope it helps at least give you idea. Sorry for lack of terms, lol.

I think you are corect Larry, I do not have time to work on it I own my own auto shop. I droped it off at Grand River Motorsports in lowell, every night I spent dinking with it it cost me money. I should know someting tomorrow( Friday) but I think your going to be on the money. I would like to get it running the wife wants to use it for takeing the kids to the bus stop( my Sportsman is not any fun any more)..haha

Sportsman not fun? Oh, you have a 6 wheeler don't you!

When I get my butt back into 6x6 mode, treb,buggyman,you and I should do something fun with the amphibs somewhere!

soon as I get mine running I will be proud to post it, the wife took a likeing to the attex. I took it in on trade and was goint to sell it as it is complete with the windshield and canopy and zip up doors but she wants to play with it so be it.. What mamma says GOES!!! lol so if I can get it running for a few hunderd dollars she can have it if not it will be someone else's project.What are they worth in good shape with fair tires that hold air. I was was thinking around a grand not running and 2 grand running.. How far am I off it is a chief with the 440

+ Reply to Thread