208tt questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 208tt questions

Question 208tt questions

Hello. I'm new to this site and also 6x6. My husband and I just bought an attex 208tt. It needs a little bit of work but it does run. We need 6 new tires for it but I can't find anywhere online that tells me what size tires I need.

Can someone tell me what size tires I should get for a 208tt? And also point me in the right direction on where I can buy them from? I prefer locally but anywhere will do for now. Also where can I get parts for it? Thanks for the info an help.

Hello,

Welcome!

If your machine has the stock wheels with 3 bolt holes, it is best to adapt to modern wheels and tires. Somewhere on this site is a template for making adapters.

If you do upgrade to newer style wheels/tires, the largest tire you can fit on your TT without body modifications is a 22x11-8" tire, which come in dozens and dozens of styles. Only a select few variants actually swim, but we'll approach this one step at a time.

Like Groundhog said, if you want to adapt to the newer style hubs from the older, small 3-bolt hubs, you'll either have to make, or have made, adapters to change from one to the other. They're pretty easy to fabricate yourself if you're inclined to do so.

Here is the link for the dimensions for the adapter plates....

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...l-adapter.html

Some folks prefer to stick with the one-piece rim-tire combo (we call them "flotation" tires...), but they're becoming a bit rare, and aren't as durable as many newer tires. If you provide us with your general area, we can help you find a place that may be reasonably "local" to you to supply tires....

Thanks for the info. We do have the 3 bolt tires. If we choose NOT to adapt them right now, would it be a real project to find the tires for it? He is out there now and it won't stay started. When we bought it, the guy assured us it ran, but it was conveniently out of gas. Now we put gas in and i will start but stall right out (but that is for another post) But I'm thinking at this point he isn't going to want to adapt them until he gets it to where it needs to be to take it out and have fun. We are in Central MA, a small town Uxbridge, MA.... Since it will be cold here real soon with snow, I don't think we really need tires that can go in the water, but he would be wanting to go through the snow and ice with them. I'm hoping there is a place local, but if not, is there a reputable place online we can order tires from?

The 3-bolt floatation tires are a bit of a chore to round up and a lot of times, they seem to command a high price. You can post a wanted ad in the classified "wanted" section to see if anyone has any for sale. I have a few that I'm not using (two left hand side, one right) that are in average condition (one needs a little help...).

I responded to your other post, too. Hang tough; you'll get it running. If I was closer, I'd swing by and give you both a hand. There's a slim chance I may be out in the Fitchburg area next month, but hopefully you'll be all set by that time...

~m

Sounds like the carb needs a good cleaning- the fuel we have nowadays doesn't set up well in anything, much less an aluminum carb body/float bowl. A full flush of the fuel system and cleaning out the carb will likely get the engine running happily again as long as the fuel pump is supplying the carb. I know I'll have to do that on mine when I finally get it dug out of the shed (beginning to wonder how long that's going to take!).

The crud that is currently being sold to us as gasoline doesn't store well even when treated with stabilizer; it's nothing like the fuel we used to get that you could run an engine on even after it had been sitting for years. I recently replaced the small engine on my mower and noticed in the manual for it that they recommend completely draining the tank and running the engine dry if you plan on storing it for 20 days or more. My point is that maybe your ATV was running when parked last, but the owner didn't bother draining the fuel out of it and running the engine until the float bowl was dry... it's pretty common and that would give the benefit of a doubt that he didn't intentionally lie about it running.

Thanks Hydro Mike, I will post on the wanted section. Are there different tires for the right and left sides? I just assumed they were all the same.

NN4S - my husband was thinking the carb too, and currently has it all apart soaking in gas overnight until morning. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was blaming him, I never met him. Just frustrated because my hubby is too trusting. Although for $150 I guess you can't go wrong..

I'm currently fighting the same type of thing with a bike I'm working on, so it's got me more than a little worked up. After all, I can't got around to the Attex until I get the bike finished up and out of the shop to make room for the next project!

I'm sure you'll get it going again in no time- once you do, the first good ride will be worth the money spent!

+ Reply to Thread