I got the 440 Chief running, but.......

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I got the 440 Chief running, but.......

I got the 440 Chief running, but.......

it runs
    Last edited by Just Playin; 10-17-2011 at 07:32 PM.

The correct way to fill the trans is to Remove top plug and bottom plug, its on back/rear of trans, down low..its a bugger to get to also...once bottom plug is removed, pour fluid into top plug untill it runs out of bottom plug, then your done..install plugs and enjoy! lol

as for fluid, everyone on here runs something different i think..lol i bought the best most expensive fluid i could fine. (it should hold 1 qt total. thats from being totally empty, to completely full. The guys boast about the "GM Sure Trak" fluid i think its called. Might be Ultra Trak also..lol im sorry, bad mind today. anyhow, do a search on here and you'll find what kinda im talking about.

Something else to look at is, How far out do the plungers come? when you pull the stick or push the stick, how far out do the little plungers on the tranny come out? It may have band issues?
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Playin View Post
    I took the fill plug out and there does not appear to be fluid in there, what is the procedure for and drain and fill and with what fluid
    The T20 takes Automatic Transmission Fluid. The brand Wagz said is fine, but you don't have to worry about breaking the bank on fluid. Most T20s don't see high-heat applications, and are always under zero pressure. If your transmission isn't running any fluid at all right now, it would be a good idea to add a quart, run the machine around for a little while, drain, and refill. Draining the T20 (i.e., getting that quart that resides below the bottom plug) can be a difficult process, but if you raise the front of the machine up (winch or come-along to a garage rafter, tree limb, etc.) and drain it out of the back of the transmission that way, it'll be easier than pulling the transmission itself. The fluid will drain into the tub, but you can try to catch it in a plastic bag if you can shoe-horn one in there.

Add an ounce or so of limited slip differential additive (available at just about any auto supply store) to reduce/eliminate band chatter, should it develop. Right now, it seems that your transmission is a bit twitchy, so after adding fluid let us know if it acts any differently for you....

+ Reply to Thread