hey beeman u should check this out

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hey beeman u should check this out

hey Beeman u should check this out

HUGO 8x8 the hugo looks like it has front and rear wheel opposed steering,and the supercat has front wheel steering and skid...more pics of supercats in other atv gallery
    Attached Images
    Last edited by srg121; 02-12-2008 at 12:12 AM.

here's a couple more 8 wheel drive front/rear wheel steer. The SS300 is an eight wheel drive (8x8) vehicle by Stewart and Stevenson of Texas. It has a 2.5 ton payload with all terrain capability but can be used on road - at speeds of upto 60mph. It is a forward control or cab-over engine design and bears a striking resemblance to the British Esarco 8x8 of the 1980's, down to its coil spring suspension and the 1st and fourth axles steering.and the bull 8x8 is a esarco with Two full-time four wheel drive Land Rover transfer cases were used, mounted back to back with the first driving the second through their power take-offs by a dog-clutch and a short drive shaft. The first transfer case drove axles one and three and the second transfer case drove axles two and four. The axle differentials being offset, the prop-shafts could pass neatly over the intervening axles on their way to the appropriate differentials. All in all there were six differentials - four in the axles and two in the transfer cases. links in hugo page get to more info
    Attached Images

Horray! A thread with my name in the title!!

Thanks for the info,

As for the supercat, I found a 6x6 out in some farmers field one day and asked how much he wanted for it. He said it was his brothers... lalala and couldn't let it go for less than $2500. Well, I did some research and from what I came upon was this military machine called the supercat, weighing in at some crazy amount, 31" tires and tires that turn in the front. For $2500 I thought, well, I can't go wrong with that and went back to check it out... Turns out the front tires didn't turn, and the tires were maybe 26" max. I didn't buy it, but it did let me in on the knowledge of the supercat. Come to think of it, I never figured out what it was (the top was covered in a tarp)... if anyone knows of something that could look like a supercat but isn't, let me know!

The Hugo looks pretty cool. I wish there was more info on it.

Cheers, and thanks for thinking of me..

Beeman

Quote Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
    Horray! A thread with my name in the title!!
    Yes, but it's not capitalized

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yes, but it's not capitalized

sorry....here it is,even made it same color as gaganater.click on thumb for bigger B
    Attached Images
    Last edited by srg121; 02-01-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Beeman,

It might have been a powertrac. Kind of looks like a smaller version of the supacat

Unfortunatly, the supercat site is down so I can't verify it's that it or not

sorry....here it is,even made it same color as gaganater.click on thumb for bigger B
    haha! that's awesome!

found this in my pic collection,pretty cool,looks like front tires turn a little more than middle tires. don't think its skid steer but it is amphibious.i have info on it but its not in english and never got it translated.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread