CHEAPTRAX snow version

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CHEAPTRAX snow version

CHEAPTRAX snow version

I liked these snow tracks. Wonder why we don't use Centaur tracks, maybe our tires are not square enough
    Anyway, I am pretty sure these tracks have some obvious design flaws, but if the goal is snow and ice ONLY, what about 20X4X.375" aluminum plates, and then just nylon rope laced through.
    The inner set is an attempt at a "tire chain" tensioner style track guide system, with a piece of 3/8 rubber, nylon rope, cable, or other laced through it. I am thinking it might just roll right out of these tracks, not sure. Also trying to figure out a way to make them from durable cordura fabric

neat idea, but no way they will hold together with the nylon rope, first time the nylon rope hits an ice ledge, stick or what ever it is going to sheer on the edges of the grousers. I dont think that the track will stay on the wheels. it isnt going to be strong enough side to side. If you rember, tire chains have chain on the side wall of the tires. If you replace the green and black with chains, it would be deffanitly worth a try. and insted of using nylon, id stick with cable... but the grousers are going to slide around.... and any clamping you do will result in a weak spot i think, if it is over tightened.

Super Tracks with grousers added.
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

you know i was thinking of doing what dan the fisherman did how did that work out for you .

Quote Originally Posted by DanDANthefisherman View Post
    Super Tracks with grousers added.
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Wow!!!!!!!

Works great, but they're heavy !

Hey Dan thats a super cool 8x8...is that what your bringing up to snowy range? Looks like a tank...awsome

Tim

Yah, thats it. I need to put the tracks back on real soon !

Here is the cheap solution I chose :

3 polaris rmk 133" x 1.5" used tracks : 100$ each (+50$ shipping)
    laser cut / press bent tracks guides : 200$
    300 1/4 body bolts and nylok nuts : 24$
    8 hours of my time.

so here is the 700$ track set, almost done :

2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

+ Reply to Thread