Sachs flooding problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sachs flooding problem

If I pull the plug an turn the engine over a couple times then put the plug back in a try to start it. It won't start so I pull the plug an turn the motor over some smoke will come out but the engine never fires

The only other things I can think of would be spark or your carb. Is the diaphragm seated right? I think the diaphragm part number is L404. You know, I remember hooking a primer bulb up to the main line on my HR. I'll bet that the pressure from your fuel tank is holding he diaphragm and the needle open, allowing free fuel into the motor, no matter how you adjust the main fuel flow needle. Maybe try another gas tank, like an outboard tank or something hooked up outside the machine with no gravity pressure. I have an Argo where the tank is under the seat, and I don't have a problem getting the gas to the carb. You may find that it really is that pressure. Sounds like an impractical design on Amphicat's part. Is it the original engine and carb?
    Argo+2stroke Kohler=Failure
    I hate math

Yeah its the original motor an tank. Only difference is the fuel shut off not being in the dash which would make a a difference because instead of the line coming out of the tank an going up an then down. It comes down to the shut off an then to the tank.

I'll bet that's your problem. Too much pressure to the diaphragm, leaving the float needle open. Maybe try routing the line differently, or acquiring a shutoff, or a quick disconnect, something that could change the route of that fuel. Hope it works!
    Argo+2stroke Kohler=Failure
    I hate math

Well I got it started last night. It was running bad dint want to open up I tried 3 new plugs be fore it ran good. I think I just got a batch of bad plugs. I do have to shut the gas off an let the engine run out of fuel if the gas will pump into the motor. I reran the lines an it helps some. Idk what else it could be.

Make sure you are running good gas with low ethanol. I had a 1973 skidoo olympique and always ran premium gas. One day I got lazy and mixed a batch of regular grade gas from a cheap station and a few laps around the yard, it died. Had to rebuild the carb and replace all the intake gaskets. Ethanol eats rubber found on these older machines, not to mention, if it does run, it runs like crap. I'm surprized I haven't read more on this site about ethanol problems.

Yeah I have good gas. I only use premium in any 2 stroke I own. I know what bad gas will do. I think we have all been lazy an found out what happens when you use rego or cheap gas

When the machine is idling take a peak in the front of the carb there is a small piece of brass on a circle kinda venturi thing,is it spurting tons of gas out that would be the high speed check ball it replaces by removing the welsh plug.This thing can flood a motor if its not working proper,more or less its suppose to open at a certain venturi vacuum speed and is metered by the high speed needle,if it is gummed or stuck it flows all the time making the mixture way rich and loading the engine.Just a possibility if you are going to change it out find someone with experience you can easily mess a carb up if you have not changed one before.NCT

Yeah I was worried about that I rebuilt the carb everything but the plugs. I've never done it before an dint want to ruin it. Looks like it's gonna have to go the the local shop

If you were close to me I would help ya out I worked at many snowmobile dealers back in the seventys and repaired a ton of Tillotsons in my time and also screwed up a few changing the high speed orifice and it was a art form to remove and install the plugs I got good at it and it was easy,but anymore with a older two stroke one great upgrade would be a Mikuni carb with a remote fuel pump but it takes some carb tuning experience to get it right and some times some machining to get a adapter to fit it.Cheers NTC

+ Reply to Thread