Sachs flooding problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sachs flooding problem

I would have already switched it if I could have. This motor is the reverse of any other motor I've messed with the pull start is on the left side an the clutch is on the right. I don't have room to fit any other carb. This one barley goes in.

You did replace the needle and seat assembly didnt you?and when you did the inlet lever under the first diaphragm was it flush with the carb body ?and this carb does it have a external impulse hose running to the crankcase,if so is it dry ?

Yes I did change the needle an seat. An yeah the lever is flush to the carb body an it does have the hose going to the crank case. It's brand new. By dry did you mean dry rotted or something else? The only thing left is those plugs. I do have another HR carb but it has different numbers on it. Will it work? I put it on once but the motor was already so flooded(I dint know this at the time) that it wouldn't start. I did notice gas coming out of the front though.

Another hr will work good enough to tell but if it was spewing gas out the front it probably has issues too,the impulse hose I meant is it dry on the inside trying to determine whether it is pulling fuel from the pump diaphragm area,when you assembled this with the carb inverted (upside down) did you go gasket then diaphragm or diaphragm then gasket in the stack as you were assembling it.

O ok. I haven't looked at the hose like that. I will though. An I used a diagram to assemble the carb back. The diaphragm(white piece) is against the metal then the black diaphragm then the actual gasket. Same in the next set of gasket/diaphragm set

Quote Originally Posted by Mpolly500 View Post
    O ok. I haven't looked at the hose like that. I will though. An I used a diagram to assemble the carb back. The diaphragm(white piece) is against the metal then the black diaphragm then the actual gasket. Same in the next set of gasket/diaphragm set
    From the base of the carb in other words where the needle and seat are it goes gasket then diaphragm and so on till you are done check out hr tillotson web site for a illustration I would put it on here but have no idea how,is this machine using a choke or has somebody put a primer on it ?

I have the digram for the rebuild I'm 99.9% sure its right. It has a choke.

Well in that case its pretty much a shoe in that you have a high speed check ball problem if gas is spewing in and the engine is in good shape otherwise and its flooding without being there I would say get that replaced,tell me this if you close the high speed needle and set the low speed correctly and let it idle does it still flood only at idle.

It won't idle at all. I have to either keep feathering it or hold it wide open. When I rev it. It makes a bogging sound then opens. I can kind of slowing let the throttle down to almost an idle but it will just foul
    My plug. The high seems to be fine. I had it wide open an tired the high screw in an it started dieing out. I had the low in almost all the way it dint seem to make a
    Difference could the low check ball be stuck. Is there a low side ball?

No low speed ball, all that is under that plug is drilled tiny holes that come out in the throat by the throttle butterfly,what I meant by closing the high speed needle was turning it all the way in and leave it that way and start it and see if it will idle,the reason I say that is if the high speed circuit is flooding IE:the high speed check ball is stuck open then you will have cut off supply to the check ball and if it idles without flooding then its likely the check ball if there is no change then its somewhere else.

+ Reply to Thread