Sachs flooding problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Sachs flooding problem

Yeah ever since I got my first one which was a wreck. But I drove it about 10 min an been hooked ever since. Then I got this one an it's a lot better shape (not close to perfect but who wants a bueaty queen) an it ran somewhat. I've fixed tons of carbs an I that's why im getting so frustrated I've rebuilt so many of them with no issues.

I once ran 3 autozones out of rear brake cylinders for a ford taurus because they kept blowing out on me. Happened 7 or 8 times in a matter of a few weaks. After almost getting thrown into the wall on the freeway when I had to break somewhat hard going 75mph of the turnpike, I took it to a shop and had them fix it for me. Ended up I had everythng right but 1 spring which was causing the entire system to fail. Another time when I was riding my friends brand new gsxr600 I kept putting the bike in gear and it would stall out on me. Someone in the parking lot saw me having trouble and advised me that the bike came with a shut off that engaged if you put it in gear when the kick stand was down. I'm sure its as simple as that. Have a friend, shop, or member look at your carb. Maybe a fresh set of eyes will see an error in your work. Like my and my brakes, I couldnt see my error because I believed it to be correct.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Yeah been there before sometimes we think whatever we do is right. I had my uncle check it out he said it seems fine. I'm waiting to hear back from a buddy of mine to come look at it. I have 2 HR series carbs an neither will work right that's the kick in the nuts about it. Will a HD or something else work. I had a similar problem on a go kart but ended up putting a 8 horse carb on a 5 horse motor an it ran like a raped ape never any problem again.

I think the hd has a wide mouth bolt pattern & hr has a smaller one. I read you checked the needle seat tickeller that lets the fuel in, check to be sure it's no more than .020 away from the body. Tilly made alot of different # carbs. Keep checking ebay under snowmobile carbs & try to find one with the same mounting measure & body configuration. My old 1970 argo had the kohler in it 7 the carb was 1 inch away from the trans but kohler used a down flow intake 7 the carb was basicly faceing the ground as it sat up high above the motor & that design worked fine. I read alot about carbs & a bunch of people used rubber 45 degrees inakes & made them work. Like drew said you'll get it figured out, just don't let it make you lose any sleep. Reserch the "arctic cat snowmobile fourm" there's alot of info on those tilly's.

Yeah I'll just keep on looking for now an if I feel like doing a bunch of work I'll switch frames an go with the t10 set up. Thanks guys I'll up date when ever I get this figured out.

So I still couldn't get the motor to start so I pulled it out. I have it all tore down right now. The points were shot. I'm sure that was my problem this whole time. Not only the points were bad but the fly wheel key slot was all deformed. So I had some points that were the same. An I fixed the flywheel. Now the problem is getting the starter ring off the flywheel. It's actually kinda like a brake drum an covers the the flywheel. The timing marks are behind it. And now I can't get it apart. I've had it soaking in PB blaster for 2 days now. It's just rusted up on the inside. Any ideas on how to get it separated with out causing damage to either one?

Ok all fixed now for good this time I hope. Got the timing all figured out an it is a completely different machine. A huge increase in power. Even the way it sounds it's different. Thanks for all the help guys

Congrats, I'm glad you got it sorted out. Now you can keep it, drive it, go out to the garage and just look at it or sit in it, and still buy a t-20 machine. After all, you can never have too many amphibs in a fleet.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Yeah the wife will kill me. I still have the other Amphicat project. Not sure that body is fixable though. I think if I pick up another one it will be an Attex or Max. Who knows though. I gotta get rid of some other toys first or maybe a car. Anyone need a caprice. Lol

+ Reply to Thread