1998 honda 400 foreman wont crank over

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1998 honda 400 foreman wont crank over

1998 honda 400 foreman wont crank over

ya ya i know,4 wheelers are the enemy lol.my poor old honda foreman has an electrical issue.starter wont turn engine over unless i jump the solenoid.is there a way to test the solenoid and the starter button?would like to see which one failed before i throw parts at it.

thanks.

Check and see if you solenoid is gettin power when you push the starter button. use a test light if possible, or use a volt meter if needed. My neighbors does same thing sometimes. Check your fuses. If yout gettin the 12v down to the solenoid, but no crank..i'd say your solenoid is El'Junko!

if not 12v down to it, check your button and wiring and connections.
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

thanks bud,will take a look at it tomorrow.hopefully its just a fuse.something cheap and easy.

so i take the battery back out and start pulling wiring harness.under the harness i find a mouse nest,the little buggers had chewed the heck out of all the wires.the small ground wire was chewed right off.managed to cut out all the bad stuff and solder in new wires,only took 2 hours.damn i hate those little pissers.

last year that was what happened to his quad as well, we cleaned out all kindsa chewed up wires and acorns. Gotta love it! lol
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

+ Reply to Thread