hustler 900

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hustler 900

hustler 900

Was wondering if the kohler 440 is worth the hassle if fixing it need a flywheel key a new fan and shroud fixed or is it just better to go fourstroke mixin oil and stuff i have no problem with have well knowledge of twostrokes but how hard a parts to come by and are they cheap or outrages also i read the 900 has a split shifter is that true or did i not read something right whats a good idea for chain tensioners to just run rollers sprocket idlers or something diff and one more i thought all the big two stokes in these machines had elec start in them any help would b great

Hi larry. Just my 2 cents opn the motor. The 440 has over 40 hp. but the 18/20 hp. 4 stroke makes good torque. I quess it all depends on what type of riding you plan to do. Parts are reasonable for the kohler as they are not in demand. Alot of older dealers have parts sitting under dust on the shelves. If you do change to a 4 stroke first you need a motor, motor mount kit, exhaust, ect.. What ever makes you happier go for it. If you descide to fix up your kohle, i have 2 of them on the shelf in the garage. 1 disasembled & 1 stuck. Neither have any good carbs on them.

Thanks i will keep u in mind if u want to sell some parts i found a 18good horse briggs im going to say its the flat twin but havent checked on it yet i havent gotten tje hustler yet will get it in two weeks i hope

Hey larry are you getting the one in tionesta pa, thats not too far away from me. I go out that way for work.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Yes if he still has it bye two weeks from now i always liked them cause it can hold four people and i cant afford a max four or an argo

The hustler in clifford pa that i posted the 2 pics of, last i seen on C-list he said he's going to part it out cause he can't get the $600 for it.

This one has been rebuilt somewhat bearings tires couple chains i talked to him and he still had it he said he would hold it for me if i coulde give some cash but i dont till later on this month hes going to get back to me later to give more pics and what all i need to finish

+ Reply to Thread