So seeing videos of some of you guys spinning wild doughnuts and slinging mud all over the place has me feeling less faithful to my old opposed 18HP Briggs. I see some of these 18 Vanguards selling on Ebay in the neighborhood of $600 shipped and it's bothering me.

First question is that the vanguards I see selling are the type with air filter housing and gas tank built together. Can you just pull all that off and replace it with the regular square filter housing? Any idea what you'd call that housing as I can't find one on Ebay to price check?

Second is performance expectations. Seems that for about $300 you can get an Eagle V280 cam, rev kit, and timing advance that is supposed to make these motors have a much wider power band and pull strong to 6000RPM. So figure $1000 by the time you come up with something for an exhaust and you have what seems like it would be quite the little monster. Not quite a Bandolero I'm sure but maybe getting closer. Think this setup would allow you to spin those awesome doughuts and throw mud high enough to get some on you with stock clutching,gearing,T20,25" tires?