Our Frontier Adventures...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our Frontier Adventures...

Our Frontier Adventures...

On Friday, my wife had to work late so I took the Argo back to the dry lakebed... There was a group of people there with an old Ford mini-monster truck, covered top to bottom with mud. They were parked around the puddle they were playing in, which I proceeded to infiltrate in pure amphibious style

(The following must be read in the movie annoucer's voice... aloud or in your head... your choice.)

In a world of hum-drum office life... a primal scream could be heard throughout the desert.
    It was the remaining water from the last rainfall, a deep mudpuddle leading to a drainage ditch.
    I slowly creeped toward the mud, eyeing the area before I took the plunge.
    All eyes were on me, in that "what the freak is that" kinda way...
    I dipped one tire in, then the other side... soon I was completely immersed in the brown, silty sludge bath.
    As I turned on the power, the motor growled like the stomach of a hungry mountain-man. The tires spun, clawing and scooping the mud and water. The ferocious beast was on the prowl. The eyes of the on-lookers grew wider and wider as I crossed the obsacle with ease and prowess.
    Then I reached the edge, digging and clawing my way out of the pit. I drove to the group that was now flagging me down, asking, "do you have any idea how deep that was?"
    "No," I said. "How deep was it?"
    Just then a man stood up, showing his body covered in mud up to his colar bone.

I just smiled, thinking... "yeah baby... that's what I'M talkin about!"

Argo Frontier... the answer to the call of the wild.

(ok.. I went too far.. I know. ) LOL
    ---JIM---
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    (Mythbusters Fan )

You just gotta love stuff like that.

*Golf Clap* Bravo! Great story.

Ooooooo.... i have goose bumps!!!
    (I did it in the Geico commercial-movie-announcer-dude's voice.... It was perfection!)

~m

sweettttttttttt
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

6x6 Vs. Everything!

Normally I ride alone with the family, but Friday after work I spotted three guys on monster quads and rode with them.

They took me to the jurasic mud bog spot. This guy has several acres of truck bog in his back yard. First thought: "You might be a Redneck". One part is a round ditch with steep sides while other parts of the track are straight line mud lanes. I was able to walk through everything with ease. When I came to the round a bout or whatever they call it, I was not only able to crawl right across, but climb the steep banks. Their jaws dropped. No quad could do that. This is where guys from everywhere come with their monster trucks to bog, and I mean BIG trucks!

Soooo, I loaded all those guys up in the Max IV and rode them arround the track with several hoots and Ye Ha's from the back seat. They all want one now!

Way to go brother ! Show em how its done . We need all the 6x6 and 8x8 converts to this sport we can get .

Silverbullet, Fullerviation, may be someday these people who own quads and 4x4's will figure it out. When I go to my local Suzuki dealership and tell them that my Vincent cannot follow my Max into the Swamp they just look at me like I am crazy. They have to see it to believe it, but they are slowly becoming believers! I wish I could get half the quad owners in Savannah to go out with me on a Swamp ride! It would be a fun thing to watch!

+ Reply to Thread