would a 31hp Briggs OHV Engine work?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: would a 31hp Briggs OHV Engine work?

would a 31hp Briggs OHV Engine work?

I was out getting some parts and saw a 31 hp Briggs motor. I took a few easements and I think it may fit. Is it possible to put that in an Argo .I may have to re locate the battery and adapt the controls.

He is a link I saw on Ebay but the price in the store was better

New! 31hp Briggs Vanguard OHV Engine-w/ muffler 1-1/8" - (eBay.ca item 290203327656 end time 06-Feb-08 20:00:00 EST)
    Last edited by Robio_8x8; 02-04-2008 at 06:08 PM.
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

The old saying

I do not know who said it first but I shall repeat it.
    "There is no replacement for displacement"
    I have a 3 cylinder Pontiac engine in my MaxII, so I am sure you can figure a way to put the 31HP in your Argo....
    Good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!
    Moike

why settle!!!! GO BIG........ANYTHING WILL FIT IF YOU WANT IT TO BAD ENOUGH 35hp Briggs-Stratton Engine Vanguard Oil Filter 1-1/8" - eBay (item 140204891525 end time Feb-15-08 07:51:43 PST)
    Attached Images

That is even better !

Quote Originally Posted by srg121 View Post
    why settle!!!! GO BIG........ANYTHING WILL FIT IF YOU WANT IT TO BAD ENOUGH 35hp Briggs-Stratton Engine Vanguard Oil Filter 1-1/8" - eBay (item 140204891525 end time Feb-15-08 07:51:43 PST)

I guess that air breather could be relocated.

I like the 35hp but I can get a sweet deal on the 31hp

What about the weight being added ?

What about the weight being added would it float too deep for it to swim?

I want to know before I start doing this

By the way I can get more of these motors at a great price if interested

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/parts....html#post9943

Keep us posted on the Briggs installation. I am in the process of installing a 54ci (31hp) big block in my hustler 980. I think the commercial mower guys are all using the new 35 hp (61ci) engines in their machines, so the 31's are available at great prices. I think the only difference in the two is the crankshaft and possibly carb jetting. The 54ci have a 3.1" stroke and the 61ci have a 3.4". These engines are easily capable of 60+hp! Al Hodge at Performance v-twins has performance kits for the 31's and he is coming out with ones for the 35's this spring. Check out his motors Performance Motors
    Snaps some pictures if you decide to go big block! Inquiring minds want to know...
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Meinfield
    Al Hodge at Performance v-twins has performance kits for the 31's and he is coming out with ones for the 35's this spring. Check out his motors Performance Motors
    Snaps some pictures if you decide to go big block! Inquiring minds want to know...
    I went to the Performance Motors website , and watched the " Mud Buddy " video . That built Briggs engine has some SERIOUS torque !! Pushing 6 adults through mud , in a flat bottom boat ,, with almost no water on top of the mud , , was really impressive !! That is a serious torque motor !
    Last edited by mudbug3; 02-16-2008 at 08:20 PM.

Yea, I smiled a lot while watching that video...

And yes they will still swim. I have a pontiac 3 cyl in my MaxII and it swims just fine.

Has anyone ever looked here for engines I have used them before.
    Small Engine Warehouse--Engine - Generator - Pressure Washer

+ Reply to Thread