Want to buy larger tires for a MaxIV .

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Want to buy larger tires for a MaxIV .

Question Want to buy larger tires for a MaxIV .

I am looking for larger tires for my Max IV. I see people here run 26'' tires. I was wondering if I could run larger tires on the extra set of stock 8'' rims ? I have had no luck in finding such a size. Any help would be much appreciated. I was hoping to gain more ground clearance when not running tracks. It is a rock farm out where I ride.

Hogneck,

Unfortunately there aren't many offerings for large tires on 8" wheels. You'll probably have to step up to a 9' wheel or the larger Max wheel that they use for the 26' tires.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

I agree, the 8" wheel doesn't give many tire options for you. The 9" will give you several. The best tire package would be a set of ASX tires, this makes a Max 4 into a wicked machine. Dan Edwards and Dave Sanders had these mounted on their Max 4 machines and they were both superb.

The only larger tire that will fit on the 8" rim is the 24" Argo tire. It's expensive although it does give a good ride and excellent water speed. The Dico 26" tire on 12" rim is excellent for mud and water speed but it rides rough. The 25" Goodyear Rawhide III is out of production but still available. It goes on the 9" rim and rides good and offers decent water speed. It really just depends on how you use your Max as different tires are best in different terrain.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Thanks guys. But does anyone know where to buy rims fora maxIV.Recreatives ? 12'' for 26'' tires
    Last edited by Hogneck; 11-26-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Yes, Recreatives is the best source for 12" rims. They have an excellent bead lock and are powdercoat black. They list for $80 each, if you're buying six ask for a discount.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

ouch! 80 bucks x 6 + new rubber= massive beatings by the wife !

You'll be ok after an hour or so.

Well there. I we t and done it again. I purchased six 25x11.5x9's on rims from Richards Relics. Rawhide III tires.
    They are mosters compared to stock tires. I really like the ground clearance and the look. I found after researching prices that Richard's is the best deal on these tires and rims and fast shipping. Very pleased.

+ Reply to Thread