ABS Plastic reapair

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ABS Plastic reapair

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    To use the abs repair kit to fill a hole you have to put something on the back side like duct/masking tape or what ever. When done take the tape off and sand it. Unless its not cosmetically.
    Which kit are you referring to?

Mixing abs chips and acetone together to make the goo that you paste on like bondo. Ive used it and its easy.

in links page right here at 6x6 world, if you go to joes garage theres info and pics on abs repair kit david berger sells ABS BODY REPAIR INFO

I contacted the guy and he gets $20 plus $4.50 shipping. I emailed back and asked if he'd just send a bag of yellow plastic shavings, he didn't reply. I guess $25 isn't outrageous but I don't need anything else in his "kit" and I don't see paying $25 for a pound of plastic. I'll probably just buy a piece of ABS and make my own, though it won't be yellow. Unless someone has a piece of a yellow Attex lying around they want to sell me

How bigga chunk of Attex do you want? I have some down in the graveyard.

Maybe a couple squares that would fit into a shipping envelope to make it easy and cheap to ship? Like 8"x10" or something? I don't know how much of a hassle it would be for you to cut them out. PM me and we can workout the details.

I have 2 bodies that I can use for plastic. The ST300D is borderline restorable. The lower body is not bad enough to cut up. I think I cut the upper already. I also have a 400 Chief body that was painted, so if you don't mind cleaning the paint from the plastic.

Anybody need or want a lower body for a ST300D?

Check your local body shop or auto paint store, several new cars have plastic body panels which are glued in place. they usually have small patch pieces at the stores along with the glue. That might work to fill and reinforce the body.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    I have 2 bodies that I can use for plastic. The ST300D is borderline restorable. The lower body is not bad enough to cut up. I think I cut the upper already. I also have a 400 Chief body that was painted, so if you don't mind cleaning the paint from the plastic.
    These are the yellow ABS bodies? Since I'm cutting them up I guess the shape doesn't really matter so if you can get some pieces out of the 300 upper that would be cool. If not I'll take some from the 400.

abs repair

try using stuff called GOOP i have used it with good results .stays flexible yet seems to stick pretty good.

+ Reply to Thread