Site Problems with Internet Exlporer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Site Problems with Internet Exlporer

Quote Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
    Does the IE that's crashing work on other websites? other forum sites? It may help isolate the issue if you can do everything but browse through 6x6world.
    Yeah, it works fine! That's what's frustrating! I can do everything else except 6x6 World. Another forum I visit regularly, 3wheelerworld.com, works just fine, and I think it uses the same software.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

The store being removed didn't have anything to do with it since it was a separate piece of software. Try this: Look to the right of the URL address bar on your Internet Explorer. Is there a broken page icon? If so, try clicking on it and see if it will let you view the site in a compatibility mode.

I have been trying to reproduce the error on my end and I can't. If I could, I would be more help. Sorry it is taking a lot of back and forth to get anywhere.

The compatibility mode button is there, but when I click on it, or anything else in the browser window (any of my favorites on the favorites bar, the "home" button, or any of the tools, menu options, etc.) while it's on the main page, it crashes and reloads the main page. So it sticks in this infinite loop, and every time I click on something it goes around again, either until I close the tab or IE decides it's tired of trying to reload it and gives up showing an error page.

I will try to figure out how to take a "screenshot" to show you what I'm getting.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

Try it now and see if it makes a difference. If not, continue reading: If you start off on a page other than the home page, does it have the same problem? For instance, start by going directly to this thread instead of going to 6x6world.com homepage

Well now it's working on IE, but the blue bars with the post number and date are gone from the tops of the posts... Is that what was causing the problem?

Edit: also, all the commas are gone from the "currently active users" list.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

The time-date stamp is a different (known) issue with IE9. Let's ignore it for now and, if you don't mind, try it one more time in IE. I think I know what is causing the issue but I want to test it one more time.

Well, it seems to still be working properly right now.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

I remembered that I had tried some code that was a little more ipad friendly for videos about two weeks ago. I modified it again tonight and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for bringing that up and helping me work through it. By the way, since you have an ipad in front of you, can you see the video on the home page of the site at all on your ipad? That was one of my other projects that I haven't had much luck with. Thanks.

No video pic on home page, just a white box on the ipad.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Not even a white box on iPhone, just black like the rest of the background. The red squiggly under misspelled words is gone now too...
    1974 Honda ATC 70

+ Reply to Thread