Site Problems with Internet Exlporer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Site Problems with Internet Exlporer

Exclamation Site Problems with Internet Exlporer

It's been about a week since I was last on the site, as I was away for Thanksgiving, and I'm having some problems accessing the site now. I usually use Internet Explorer to browse the site, but for some reason I am only able to access the main page (6x6 World - Amphibious ATVs 6x6 and 8x8 max argo attex hustler terra tigers and more is what is in the address bar), and anytime I click on a link, I get an error message that says "Internet Explorer has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution to the problem"; then I get "Internet Explorer has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Then it closes and reopens the browser, and at the bottom of the screen is a message that says "A problem with this webpage has caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen this tab." And that's as far as I can get. I tried logging out, but that didn't work either. The site works fine on my iPhone, and I'm posting this using Firefox (but I hate Firefox, I only have it because some of my homework won't work on Internet Explorer), so this is really frustrating and I'm not very computer savvy... Anyone else have this problem, or is it just my computer? Any help is much appreciated, as I am about to dive back into my Hustler, and will need to use the site often!
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

You could try clearing your cache. (delete history, cookies..etc)

Which operating system and what version of Internet Explorer are you using? I tested the site with IE8 and IE9 on Windows 7 without any problems today. I only have a mac in front of me right now but if you have an older version of windows I believe you can go to the control panel, click on Internet Options, go to the advanced section and there you should be able to actually reset your browser.

It's the most recent version of Internet Explorer, IE9 I guess? I have Windows 7 Home edition. I have it set to automatically clear the history when I close it, and cookies are disabled according to the guy that fixes my computer problems. I will see if I can reset it, maybe that's the issue.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

Well I figured out how to reset it but that didn't help, so I guess I'll take it to my computer man and see what he says.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

I haven't been able to talk to my computer man, but I tried the site on my parents' and sisters' computers, and got the same result. For some reason the site crashed IE every time I clicked something on the home page! I did get one error message that said something about a "malicious add-on" that was causing the problem, and idea what that might be? If computers are suppost to make our lives easier, then why are they such a pain in the ass?
    1974 Honda ATC 70

What operating system and version of IE do they have on their computers? Was this on the same network as your computer or at a different location? Twice in the past this site has been attacked by malicious scripts but there is nothing currently wrong with the site. Are you running any antivirus? If so, try turning it off briefly while browsing this site. Sometimes it can see things in the google or ebay ads as malicious.

sometimes I.think Google adds are malicious.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I have tried on a computer running Windows 7 Professional with IE9, and 2 other computers running Windows 7 Home with IE9. I tried it on 2 different internet connections, with and without "firewalls" from McAfee and Microsoft Security Essentials. The site still crashes IE for some reason. Works fine on Firefox though! This is unbelievably frustrating. It worked just fine 2 weeks ago, I came back a week later, and now it doesn't!

Is there any chance that something may have happened when you took down the store?
    1974 Honda ATC 70

Does the IE that's crashing work on other websites? other forum sites? It may help isolate the issue if you can do everything but browse through 6x6world.

+ Reply to Thread