MaxIV interor noise levels with top

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MaxIV interor noise levels with top

MaxIV interor noise levels with top

Any of you found a way to reduce the noise inside the cab ?
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Well not really but I did have a set of computer speakers running off an inverter and played mp3's .Just adds to more noise. when I first took mine out with the tracks on hunting the guys in the woods said they could hear my machine plain as day through the woods and that it was loud like a bulldozer. Lot of parts turning in there.

I put in a layer of Dynamat sound-deadening insulation around the inside of the removable engine cover and along the back of the rear seat. It did quiet my Max IV, but I don't have a top, so I cannot say how just much it would help you. In addition you could also cut a piece of pressure-treated plywood to fill in the space below the rear seat and cover it with Dynamat, too. I plan to do this next spring; it should essentially isolate the engine compartment and keep the noise back there and out of the main cab.

+ Reply to Thread