axel bearings for 1999 max iv

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: axel bearings for 1999 max iv

axel bearings for 1999 max iv

hello ,does anyone know what is the best option for axle bearing upgrade for a max iv ? and where can i buy them there's nothing here in Canada .

Any local bearing supplier should be able to get the bearings you need or you can order online in the states if you can't find a supplier. Just make sure the bearings are tripple sealed and try to get the best quality that you can.

thank-you mike for the info ,, has anyone on here modified them to accept heavier bearings or change the style on bearings ,or is there any such upgrades for 1999 max iv,i haul allot of fire wood with it and a fair bit of plowing with it when we have snow ,i will order the ones you said as i did find a good bearing supplier close by ,,thanks mike for your help

I had the Argo HDI and the 2008 Max IV bearings on the desk at the same time.... both were the same size. From what I remember, the argo bearings are tripple sealed and cheaper than the Max bearings. I would take a bearing out of the max and go to the local Argo dealer... if unsuccessful, then would go to a bearing shop.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

The bearing that MAX has used since 1995 is the same dimentions as the ARGO HD bearings. #HC207-20-r3 is a 207 series(72mm) ,wide inner race , locking collar, 1 1/4 inch bore ,regreasable, tripple seal bearing. Argo is having theirs made with Argo part # on them. I have been purchasing from The Big Bearing Store because they ship in flat rate boxes. I dont know about shipping to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by dave6x6 View Post
    hello ,does anyone know what is the best option for axle bearing upgrade for a max iv ? and where can i buy them there's nothing here in Canada .
    There are many 6x6World members that get their 6x6 bearings from Buffalo Bearings here in NY. They offer great customer support and they'll ship the order out very fast. I've had excellent luck with them over the years, and if you tell them you're from 6x6World, they'll take good care of you. Their number is 1 (800) 669-8019.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread