just got the 24" Frontiers for my Conquest.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: just got the 24" Frontiers for my Conquest.

just got the 24" Frontiers for my Conquest.

But it's that strange time of year when I am not sure if I want to keep the 'ol Runamuks on and put the tracks on or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkola View Post
    But it's that strange time of year when I am not sure if I want to keep the 'ol Runamuks on and put the tracks on or not.
    Are you positive they will fit,thought they would be close to scrubbing,if they fit how much air gap between the tires,another fella wants to try that just want too know.Cheers

I havent fitted them yet. Several members here have done it with success. A slightly lower pressure in the front two tires will make the 23 3/4" axle to axle distance between the first and second axles a non-issue. Since I run about 2 psi in my tires anyways, it shouldn't be a problem. Research Rock Doctor on this board. He has alot of experience in this department.

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    Are you positive they will fit,thought they would be close to scrubbing,if they fit how much air gap between the tires,another fella wants to try that just want too know.Cheers

It's a bit of a gamble when you buy them, quality control seems to be lacking in the sizing dept.
    On my Conquests, the first 2 axles have the tightest C-C. Measure the Circumferences on all your Frontiers, and put the smallest ones on the front axles and the second smallest ones on the second axles.
    One of my friends was just unlucky and got lots of big ones and had to return 3 of them to the dealer. The 3 replacements he got were all good though.

A couple of mine are so close that sliding a piece of paper between them was a close thing when they were new. Now that I have a bit of wear on them, it's not so bad.

RD

So I was fortunate. The drivers(left) side tires of machine( front to back) is in Circumference inches 74, 74, 75, 75 1/2 and the passenger( right) side is 74, 75, 75 1/2, 75 7/8ths at 2.5psi in all the tires. After taking semi-precise measurements, it would appear that whatever psi you intend to run in the tires, your tire sizes for the front two sets of tires can't have a circumference greater than 75 inches and the last 2 sets of tires will do well with a circumference of 75.5 inches or less. My last 2 tires on the passenger side are nearly touching each other but I could take another 1/2 a pound of air out of either one if it becomes an issue. Since we are on this subject, I think its important to note that running at the lower pressures is better on your back and actually gives your machine a competetive edge for traction than running 5 psi in the tires anyway. Hope this helps.

I like a shade over 3psi, but I'm sure not going to argue about 5 being too much. I don't think my fillings could take that
    Once you get a bit of wear on them, they will fit better, but don't be surprised to hear them rub a bit when you hit a bump just the right way.
    24" tires is a great mod for the older machines, you may notice a lack of power, but you can help bring that back with a little Clutching work.

RD

+ Reply to Thread