Mounting Tracks on tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mounting Tracks on tires

Mounting Tracks on tires

Ok, I know the hard way to do it. I would love to know if there's an easier way to get the tracks on over the mounted wheels. Please share!

i use 2 sets of the big welding vice grips.let air out of front and rear tires then drive onto tracks so the track comes half way up the front wheel.snap the vice grips onto tracks then alternately tighten them till the pin will slide in.slide pin in tighten locking collar then re-inflate the tires.

Wish I asked first. Would have saved me money from seeing the chiropractor. You can bet I copied what you wrote and saved it.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    i use 2 sets of the big welding vice grips.let air out of front and rear tires then drive onto tracks so the track comes half way up the front wheel.snap the vice grips onto tracks then alternately tighten them till the pin will slide in.slide pin in tighten locking collar then re-inflate the tires.
    You mentioned - tighten locking collar. Where is the "locking collar"?

Last fall, I installed the supertracks on my Response for the hunting season. The tracks have holes that easily fit a 1" belt. I therefore put two 1" belts to the two pads and using the ratchet, I was able to snug up the tracks no problem. Two days ago I again re-mounted the tracks and again it worked well for me.

+ Reply to Thread