What Ive been reading about tires on our rides. The air pressure is kept very minimal for a softer ride and for traction. Where I live. I dont want to chance riding without tracks. Ive beaver on my property and they leave small chewed off saplings. Perfect for impaling tires and even a person, should you fall on one.
I'm not rebuilding mine for racing. But to explore areas on my property that I havent ever ventured in. Ive 3 acres of wet lands, adjoined by another private 20 acres of the same. Quads wont be able to go where I will and thats the beauty of it all, actually no one will. I'm seeing riders concerned about how much weight they would add. I presume this is a major factor to be concerned about for racing. But what if you dont race? Just how much weight can one add and just what is the limit of our AATVs so they will still float or perform? Other than a soft ride. Are these types of balloon tires required? I have built custom motorcycles and I dont rely on the suspension or the tires alone to give me a soft ride. Actually its the seating that provides the most comfort. Im looking into maybe mounting a set of bucket seats I have on hand here. That's if I can fit them. Looks like one for the front and one for the rear. They are leather and I can water proof their surface with sno-seal.

So what Im asking is how much weight can one add and just what is the limit of our AATVs so they will still float or perform?

Are these types of balloon tires we use required?

Will the tracks still work with harder tires? I plan on crawling over sticker bushes and swamp grass and crossing ponds and following creeks.