Home made rubber tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Home made rubber tracks

What is the width of the tires? At 24" you must have done some tub modifications? Thanks for the track guide template!
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

10" for the tire width and yes I had to push back up the low part just behind the front seat. Easy to do and hard to spot for most people.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Thanks for the dimensions, and again a really great job

Any chance you have tried to swim with them yet? I wonder how they would compare to the adair tracks?
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

the track profile got a lot of paddles but I'm not sure it will swim a lot. It's a winter track set optimized for ice and snow. Right now there's no open waters to test any swimming abilities; next time to test it in water will be in April/May.

So if your goal is to get a set of swimming tracks, better get the Adair system. (even more if you are in SC)

What would you recommend is the best way to cut a rubber track?

That's really cool SMOG. Very nice.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sparkola View Post
    What would you recommend is the best way to cut a rubber track?
    may not be the best but I used this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Reciprocating_Saw.JPG

LOL The Sawsall!!!! Love it. I have been pondering just taking a snomobile track like yours and cutting a double paddle section and fastening to my Supertrackes like every other track segment. I think I could end up with similar traction results as you did. I think the Supertracks are a good base(mounting) to attach rubber track sections to. They don't weigh that much and I would reduce the weight of the rubber by only using half. A plastic track segment has to weigh half of what an even sized piece of rubber track does so the overall result would prolly weigh less than a fully rubber track, no?

Smog,

I noticed you offset the track so the extra non tire contact area is toward the inside of the tub rather than on the outside. Was there a practicle reason for doing it that way? I was thinking I would want it the other way to get more spacing between the track and tub. What am I missing?
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

+ Reply to Thread