Home made rubber tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Home made rubber tracks

Also, you mentioned gluing the tracks together. Why not use the same glue to stick the bead on the rim. Like a cheap beadlock. Might be the little extra to keep it from de-beading.

Hello ,what size tires did you use on the MAX IV ?? about how long was each track than? thanks looks great. My wife and I am just looking to use our Max IV in snow on flat ground. to get around our farm in the winter time. We don't plan on using such a deep lug pattern as yours though, something not as tall lugs. I have stock tires 26 inches on my 2009 Max IV, 18 hp briggs engine.

Quote Originally Posted by narrowfarm View Post
    Hello ,what size tires did you use on the MAX IV ?? about how long was each track than? thanks looks great. My wife and I am just looking to use our Max IV in snow on flat ground. to get around our farm in the winter time. We don't plan on using such a deep lug pattern as yours though, something not as tall lugs. I have stock tires 26 inches on my 2009 Max IV, 18 hp briggs engine.
    Not sure if you noticed but this was a pretty old post...maybe the original poster has moved on.

The more I see of the DIY tracks it makes me strongly consider it. I have an HDi 750 with 25 " wheels. the track Argo wants to sell me is $4000.00 and I have to buy extensions to boot. I don't want to put extensions on my Argo, I believe it is a stressor on the vehicle that is not needed if it can be avoided. Through Stock tracks it can't. through the DIY tracks it may very well be possible to avoid the extensions. I have searched the net and found people using an "L" bracket to keep the track on the tire and I have seen the brackets Argo has. I am thinking the "L" bracket on the inside of the track/tire and the Argo type bracket on the outside.

My other option is; I am curious. Does anyone swap out their tires. I'm from Alaska and on our cars we have tires for winter, and then tires for not winter. Does anyone do this with their Argo. I have an Argo HDI 750 8x8, it has 25" wheels. I am considering a set of winter tires, 22 or 24 to go specifically with tracks. I have considered Tracks for the 25" but that involves Extensions which means added machine stress and the price tag of $4000.00 just for tracks, and that doesn't float my Argo.

I have found the 22" and 24" tires and tracks for less than $4000.00 in all. What are some thoughts from the group.
    AKDOCFMF USN(FMF) Retired.

+ Reply to Thread