Turbochargers?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Turbochargers?

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Has anyone ever put a turbo on an engine like we use in our 6x6's?
    I would skip the turbocharging mess and just use a 4 strokes snowmobile engine. it's small, powerful and reliable.... and some are turbocharged.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

I think that this turbo is the one I will probably use. It's the right size for the 624cc engine, and has the built in wastegate.

I wonder if the turbo oiling system could be plumbed to work with the engine's oiling system?

I don't know about a closed loop injection system, but TBI is definately a possibility. My '08 Honda Rancher has TBI, and it has loads of power in just a 419cc engine. I have thought about the TBI before, but we need another thread for those ideas lol.

I will have a look around for a good O2/EGT system.

This is going to be fun!
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

what kind of turbo? the auction ended?

Look at this E Bay site

looks like a good turbo, all you have to do is get the remote mount kit for the oil filter on the engine, run it through the cooler and turbo, and then the filter and back to the engine. Good eye Breeze! I would like to see what the guy wants for EGT/O2 kit... bet it isnt as cheap as that other place. My word, EGT and O2 sensor for under a hundred dollars.... this is SO becoming a viable oppertunity...

@ tuckinwagin how do you read a trim graph? Take me to school man! oh, i also got the Max II up to fair banks, looking forward to hearing it run.

Turbo info on boost pressure,and timeing conrtols,,,I adapted one of these to a Harley,,Different model tho;;;http://www.msdignition.com/Products/...ng_Master.aspx

The turbo I posted was a copy of a Garrett GT15.

I think I found the ticket:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Tu...3&cmd=ViewItem
    It has the turbo, pipe, intercooler, and EGT and O2 sensors for under $400!!!!!!!

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind... I just read the description... still looks like the way to go though!
    Last edited by Stonewall; 12-21-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

yah, that ebay pic looks lkike EVERYTHING you need. It is your money, but i would like to know what he wants for ALL of the parts. It says "no reasnoble" offer refused... id email him and tell him what your trying to do, and see if he could make a smoking deal on everything, aka inner cooler, piping, oil lines, egt and o2 sensors. I wonder if he could do it ALL for like 500 bucks... show him a link to this forum, and if we can prove that this works, and have a step by step instruction.... wow it would be money in his pocket?

I will email him soon, but I'll have to wait a little while to earn the money to do it, as Christmas is taking it's toll on my checking account lol.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

+ Reply to Thread