Attex Engine Cover Differences

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex Engine Cover Differences

Attex Engine Cover Differences

Today I was test fitting an engine cover for my green poly body Attex project that I have been working on and it was just a little bit too wide (about 1/8" on each side). It wouldnt sit down where it is supposted to on the poly body machine, but on an ABS Attex body it fit perfect. The engine cover is made of ABS plastic that I was trying to put on. Does anybody know if the poly body Attexes came with engine covers made out of ABS, or if Attex used a slightly different design to fit the poly body?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Today I was test fitting an engine cover for my green poly body Attex project that I have been working on and it was just a little bit too wide (about 1/8" on each side). It wouldnt sit down where it is supposted to on the poly body machine, but on an ABS Attex body it fit perfect. The engine cover is made of ABS plastic that I was trying to put on. Does anybody know if the poly body Attexes came with engine covers made out of ABS, or if Attex used a slightly different design to fit the poly body?
    Hey JP,

I have a few ABS covers and one poly cover. I have not tried switching HDPE and ABS covers but I can tell you that there is even a difference in the some ABS covers and pans. I have an extra cover from a Colt that I've used to cover my Chief. It does not seat quite right. The Colt cover is designed to cover an ST type machine and the engine compartments on those machines are different than the Chief, T-Chief and S-Chief. I also sold an ST300-D to a guy once and gave him a floor pan from a Colt because I did not have the original. He contacted me a few weeks later asking if I wanted it back because it would not fit in the machine (too wide).

I guess there are very subtle differences in each generation.
    Last edited by George; 02-08-2008 at 08:31 PM.
    Banned

It dont answer you question but its interesting that I have the 225/h and 208tt and an amphicat B7 model and all covers fit the same as far as width. Not 100% sure if amphicats the same length or not thought but believe it is.

I think most of the later engine covers are very close in dimension, but the ST and the Colt had the sides cut away to sit flat on the ridge around the engine compartment. I'd be more willing to believe that the HDPE body had changed shape a little and made for a tighter fit. One of the real advantages that the old Royalite ABS Attex bodies had was that they held their shape so well. I've swapped ABS / HDPE covers around and never noticed much difference in the way they fit.

Are you trimming the cover or looking for another one?

Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Are you trimming the cover or looking for another one?

Don
    Don, George said that he might have one this summer, but if you would want to trade a good ABS cover and some extra parts from me for a poly one, I certainly would go for it, if that would be alright with you.

Larry, the first generation Attex and Amphicat lower bodies seemed to be a carbon copy of one another with the exception of color and the Amphicat's headlights being recessed into the front of the lower body.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Did abs bodied machines come stock with poly hoods?
    Last edited by LarryW; 02-09-2008 at 09:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread