Kohler k399-2t ignition switch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kohler k399-2t ignition switch

Kohler k399-2t ignition switch

Hi everyone. I just picked up a bazoo 6x6 with a kohler k399-2t engine.
    Previous owner said he had problems with no spark on 1 cylinder and couldn't get it running. The wireing harness was in a box so I connected the solenoid and rectifier and the plug to the engine. The keyswitch seems to be fried and only the lights and start positions work. No power to the coils. The engine will crank over but no spark.i have a diagram that shows the keyswitch with 6 terminals but this one only has 5. Not sure if it's the wrong switch for this engine. I'm looking for the correct diagram spec # 34.003.10
    And some help with the wireing for the coils.

Ok heres an update.
    I dug into this kohler k399-2T engine today and have narrowed my no spark on #2 cylinder down to the condenser.
    Before i pulled the flywheel I switched the blue wire from the working coil to the one with no spark and it now has a good spark so i think the problem is the points or condenser to the #2 coil. The flywheel magnets look ok and the magneto coils seem to be ok also. My question is how to test the condenser?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bazooo guy; 12-22-2011 at 12:04 AM.

just install a new one.its better than a tester

True but I like to know if parts are bad before I replace them. I've never had a bad condenser and usually replace it when I do the points. Today I put the flywheel back on and set the points and tested the mag with an ohm meter and now I have spark on both plugs.

So I did a compression test and #1 cylinder is very low.
    Guess it needs to come apart.
    I found an old rotax from a 1969 skidoo nordic and put it in the bazoo.
    Doesn't have electric start but it will work till I get the kohler fixed.
    Pics are in my gallery.

+ Reply to Thread