6x6 Racing in Ashtabula, Ohio June 23-24 2012

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 6x6 Racing in Ashtabula, Ohio June 23-24 2012

Hum, I am very interested in going to Ash and watch the races and maybe just trail ride. Are the safety requirements also for just trail riding?

If thats the track,It's a single file race.
    There's no doubt, it's Springer terrain.

Whipper

I think HydroMike and Whipper are both correct. This is going to be a single file race with lots of carnage. A springer will not be able to pass another machine also. It would probably be safer to let the springers go out first and the others later. Back in the day Enduros were entertaining to watch but a disaster to score between shortcuts and miscounted laps. A stuck or broken machine jamming the trail creates pile ups and after that it's not fun anymore. I can see a combo of track and short loops into the woods as being a good option.
    Acta non verba

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    I think HydroMike and Whipper are both correct. This is going to be a single file race with lots of carnage. A springer will not be able to pass another machine also. It would probably be safer to let the springers go out first and the others later. Back in the day Enduros were entertaining to watch but a disaster to score between shortcuts and miscounted laps. A stuck or broken machine jamming the trail creates pile ups and after that it's not fun anymore. I can see a combo of track and short loops into the woods as being a good option.
    Agree.
    I'm willing to bet that it wouldn't be as tight of a trail as dirtbikes or quads would race. Plus, they, too, usually have a place that opens up for passing, right? ( if you get that far.) A lot of the trails in the woods will fit 2 machines abreast. (I said abreast.) The combo track & short loops in the woods almost sound like the only option. It'll be interesting.

Bridget

sounds like a good time like always i will bee there

Outstanding!

We'll be there. Probably no room on the trailer(s) to bring trail machines, but we'll try to have something with us that runs.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Brad hope the Bumpkin is packing more than a 484 chap this year Jersey we want to see that springer on the track this year I willl have the Mckay back this year with some revamping

Count me in! I'll be there with my racer, Hustler BIGFOOT, and a mystery machine......
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Crush is in!

I can say that there will be a great track in the woods. I work this last summer a hairscrm and there where a lot for all, passing was able as need. There is a lot of trails there and Bud and his team can make any kind of track with his eqment. So it should be a lots of fun.

Closed Thread