Busco Beach in NC April 20-22, 2012

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC April 20-22, 2012

Our plan is changing a tad, we hope to pull in Thursday evening and set up camp. Pack out Sunday morning. Yup I said camp. Talked the wife into it. Just have to pick up some essentials to make her stay more comfortable.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    Look like sc boys and girls be rolling in on Thursday can't wait

My son and I will be there Thursday-Sunday. Also have my dad coming in from NJ with 8 wheeler and possibly my brother with a 8 wheeler. I can't wait, April is too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by rickga View Post
    I can't wait, April is too far away.
    Just 6 weeks until Busco! It's going to fly by....

I will try to get off work for the trip.

I changed jobs after Christmas and I have a project due to be finished at the end of April. If I get my but in gear, I may be able to make it. I don't have the time at work anymore to surf 6x6world anymore, so I only get the chance on weekends.

Just finished getting my Max back together. The front axle broke due to a previous repair. Apparently I drilled a set screw out and went too deep in the axle. The axle broke right in the middle of the set screw hole. I also relined the front brakes with material from McMaster Carr. I did not test them yet to see how well they perform. Painted the roll cage today and getting it in shape for the Busco trip.

Hope you can join us Lace, so get busy with that project.

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    Hope you can join us Lace, so get busy with that project.
    Lance, you had better make it. Lewis hasn't seen you in so long he has forgotten your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Lance, you had better make it. Lewis hasn't seen you in so long he has forgotten your name.
    Lace I mean Lance....... Thanks for pointing that out Mike

Sorry LANCE!!!!!

Well my spending on amphibs has been slowed down due to the fact that we are expecting a baby girl right around race weekend, so I wasn't really planning on coming down this time. However, I talked with maxivmark and may be riding down with him and possibly jpswift. I need to clear it with the wife still, but I need the break and would be severely depressed if I didn't get to partake in the good times.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I am holding out slight hope that my job situation will change and I will be able to make this ride but it isn't looking great. Finished up the 1 1/4 axle conversion on the Wild Wolf this morning, and have about 3 evenings of work to do on the tank trainer. Beth's machine should be good to go, but I want to bring it into the shop and look over things just to be sure. If I do make the ride, the Pimpfoot will be sitting this one out. It will not make another ride till it is rolling on splined axles too. Big tires, heavy machine, tons of HP and an insane driver all adds up to an axle snapping situation that I'm not willing to deal with on a trail ride anymore!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread