Mudd-Ox Ultimate Test

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mudd-Ox Ultimate Test

Mudd-Ox Ultimate Test

I just purchased a new turbo diesel yesterday I spent a couple hours at Matts place in Indiana had a great time. I have a technical background and now I am a pipeline inspector. I can tell you I have done my homework and I am very impressed we went on a test drive and ran it through the paces and I am speechless to say the least. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ALL I CAN SAY IS DRIVE ONE. With products like this on the market I bet the competition doesn't sleep well. I am a pipeline inspector working in very extreme terrain in West Virginia I will be on slopes greater then 45 degrees everyday I plan on taking many videos since I have not found any showing its true brute force ability.

There is no doubt that the machine is very capable. Great power to weight ratio and rugged construction. I drove MUDBUG 3's machine several times and thought that there was alot of bang for the buck. I never saw the machine stuck, but did see it haul plenty of stuck vehicles out.

The issue I've noted that several owners have indicated is the lack of service after the sale. If you need product support or have questions, be prepared to wait a lengthy amount of time before follow-up. I really want Matt and his company to succeed. Hopefully things have improved at this point, and you won't have an issue. Good luck.

I watched Matt get one stuck. It happened at the same time buggyman turned his sears sportster into a submarine, lol.

It was thick goo though.

Why so negative?

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    There is no doubt that the machine is very capable. Great power to weight ratio and rugged construction. I drove MUDBUG 3's machine several times and thought that there was alot of bang for the buck. I never saw the machine stuck, but did see it haul plenty of stuck vehicles out.

The issue I've noted that several owners have indicated is the lack of service after the sale. If you need product support or have questions, be prepared to wait a lengthy amount of time before follow-up. I really want Matt and his company to succeed. Hopefully things have improved at this point, and you won't have an issue. Good luck.
    I won't take a shot at mudd-ox but will instead say congrats pipline inspector on your new ride. I have no doubt you'll be taken care of IF you ever have any issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    I watched Matt get one stuck. It happened at the same time buggyman turned his sears sportster into a submarine, lol.

It was thick goo though.
    Matt wasn't the only one who got stuck that day........c'mon admit it Larry

It will do the job or it will be sold in my line of work I dont have time for second best. I have worked on different kinds of equipment my whole life. I went over it with a fine tooth comb and feel I am very capable if there is a problem but at this time I have no concerns. Like I said in my earlier post it will be put to the test I will be climbing hills on the right of way that all other equipment needs to be winched up. When I get some videos I will post them I will put it through the paces everyday. I have a bright outlook it has a horse power upgrade (70hp) low gears and tracks, half cab, glass windshield, wiper, brush guard and custom canvas cover for the back compartment it will be orange in color.

Welcome to the site. Congratulations on your Mudd-Ox. I look forward to seeing your videos.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    Matt wasn't the only one who got stuck that day........c'mon admit it Larry
    Yea I got the trainer stuck. But I have a good excuse. It wouldn't go any further, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pipeline inspector View Post
    It will do the job or it will be sold in my line of work I dont have time for second best. I have worked on different kinds of equipment my whole life. I went over it with a fine tooth comb and feel I am very capable if there is a problem but at this time I have no concerns. Like I said in my earlier post it will be put to the test I will be climbing hills on the right of way that all other equipment needs to be winched up. When I get some videos I will post them I will put it through the paces everyday. I have a bright outlook it has a horse power upgrade (70hp) low gears and tracks, half cab, glass windshield, wiper, brush guard and custom canvas cover for the back compartment it will be orange in color.
    Wow its all decked out. 70hp with lower gears and tracks should make that climb about anything. They are stout machines. Looking forward to the videos. And Congratulations on your new Mudd-Ox!

Quote Originally Posted by pipeline inspector View Post

A turbo charged diesel Mudd-Ox ,and with 70 hp and tracks , is one potent amphib. Really looking forward to some new Mudd-OX video's

After about a week and a half of driving on some of the most extreme terrian in the country I can sum it up in one word amazing. I have many years driving almost every kind of equipment every invented onroad and off. If you every get a chance to take one of these diesels on a ride I highly recommend it. If you need to climb, it will go up and over what every you have balls enough to tackle. I have taken it up hills in excess of 60 degrees and over 1/4 mile long with no loss of power.

+ Reply to Thread