J-wheelz vs tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: J-wheelz vs tracks

Crowhater,
    wow you have a lot of options here, unfortunately they all cost money.
    As Rock Doctor said the 24" Argo swimmer tire will make that machine swim like a fish, and is a good all around tire for every condition. A set of 24" tires and 8" Argo rims is going to cost you a pretty penny.
    Pertaining to rims-you can buy the 8" Argo rim from any dealer and mount the Runamucks or you can buy the new Argo 22" swimmer tire which is a smaller version of the 24" Argo tire.
    Here is a link that will give you an idea of what tires and rims will cost you:

Tires

Don't waste your time with mud tires for the Argo-they work different on every machine!

Before you make a decsion that is going to cost a lot of money call an Argo dealer and ask a lot of questions.

If you have the money I would say your best tire choice is the 24" Argo swimmer tire on an 8" rim-hope this helps.

The bolt patern for the Argo rim is five bolt in a four and one half inch circle.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 12-24-2011 at 05:28 PM.

http://http://s172.photobucket.com/a...filter=noflash

This is what a stuck ranger looks like. Talk about a cold morning

You already have the tires on. Go try it out. That's a cheap way to see if they swim. Take a paddle with you in case they don't. If they don't, put the runamucks on and go try those. They will swim fine if you have them on the correct direction. Then, if you get stuck go from there. Use what you have now and then upgrade as needed.

I carry a canoe paddle in my track rig. if your machine dosent swim paddle home. Better yet if you have 2 paddles and kids your on the move.

This was my hunting rig for the last 3 years but after blowing 3 engines in 4 months I sold it and just leased last to hunt on.

Very nice boat, Lee or Georgia Mudbug has an Argo Frontier for the mud and an Airboat for hunting in the swamps of Florida.
    That air boat looks like total fun, I have always thought they would be a very fun ride.

By the way, your Argo should walk right through the area that stuck your Polaris without a problem.

Your Argo should tow that Ranger out of the slew like a little red wagon.

+ Reply to Thread