Pictoral build of my hustler 950

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pictoral build of my hustler 950

I added the winch directional switch in the side panel.

Front Quick Disconnect for Winch.

Rear Quick disconnect for Winch.
    The mating quick disconnect coming from the atv has Velcro to maintain it's position on the body.

This switch allows me the freedom from getting shocked if I were to be standing in water when hooking up the winch to the front or back power source.

Made a cover for this large sized knife switch.

zoood

I'm really enjoying these mods! That's some real quality work right there.......I might have to try and copy some of your ideas on my Hustler BIGFOOT. Keep up the good work!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thank you JP. Here's the wiring schematic I took the liberty of drawing out for anyone else that wants to make their winch hook-up optional.

zoood

I think I might add a winch to my Hustler in the near future so I'll definitely be looking back at this schematic. Thanks for posting that.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I tried using a product that I've used before on vinyl surfaces. This stuff works fantastic, just look at the shine. The AATv looks brand new. This stuff lasts about 5 months, compared to Armoral (forgot how to spell it). Its called Future Floor Wax for vinyl floors. Just wipe it on and your done.

Hopefully today I'll be able to take a maiden voyage with my aatv. Which I named "Fat Grumpy"

zoood

When I took my hustler in the water and did a short video of it. I noticed how the back end floated a little lower than the front. So I took a plastic water tank I had here from an older motorhome. I had cut it up and built a box. I will be filling it with a builder's expansion foam ( the foam will not absorb water)and fitting it below the rear bumper and over the tow hitch. Hopefully this will keep the ass end from dipping lower than does now. My concern for doing this. Is if my wife takes a ride in it and the dam thing sank! I would never hear the end of it!

Last edited by zoood; 02-23-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: added picture

Very nice work Zoood! I second what JP said, I just might have to use a few of your mods. Great work!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

winch mounts reinforced

The second time I took the atv out. I had gotten stuck in mud. Even though there was a foot of water flowing over the mud. I couldnt get it loose. I removed my winch from the rear and secured it to the winch mount in the front. I then hooked the cable around a small tree. It pulled me out of where I was stuck. Only to get stuck again. This time the nose of the atv was pointed upwards and when using the winch. The mount broke. Long story short. I managed to push and pull the atv loose while in was in gear. I reinforced the winch mounts. Now I can use the winch no matter how the atv is positioned.

Before

After

zoood

Quote Originally Posted by fmints View Post
    Very nice work Zoood! I second what JP said, I just might have to use a few of your mods. Great work!!
    Thank you fmints.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    That's REALLY NICE RJ, I thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Absolutely love the dashboard mod, and what you said about the 950 tsunami brought back some memories. I don't think you'll be having that problem any more. The quick change winch mod will definitely be a plus, I had a giant fish hook to use when stuck, spool out enough line to reach a log, toss it over and winch. A lot of times you only need a nudge in the right place to get going again. I think your tracks will greatly reduce the amount of use your winch will see. Keep up the great work!
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

+ Reply to Thread